Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I know we had a big event on base. But whoever you are, in charge of traffic flow, i hate you. 1: road closure map posted one hour before the event, 2: only posted in one area, 3: closing off the main road SMACK DAB in the middle of base, 4: no detour signs up, 5: trial and error car jams because no one knows where to go 6: all the open gates are on the opposite side of base from most of the housing. The othe side of that main road bisecting the place.

I cannot express my frustration.

Comment

Since it hasn't been yet mentioned.... I live in the US.

I do not, for the life of me, understand what people's thought processes are that do the following:

Attempt to join the interstate, where the speed limit is 70 MPH minimum.

Which isn't the problem - but when they come to a full STOP at the on ramp, even though the freaking sign reads YIELD for a reason... it makes my head explode.

The whole point of the on ramp is so that you can get up to speed with traffic before you merge. It's much more difficult to merge with 70 MPH traffic from a dead farging STOP.

I had a guy driving one of those MetroLink buses do this to me last week. When I hit the horn, he lost his mind and started freaking out on me from behind the driver's seat. Dude, I'm not the one that came to a full stop on the freeway on ramp. You freaking idiot.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
      --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

Quoth MamaMootz View Post
        Since it hasn't been yet mentioned.... I live in the US.

I do not, for the life of me, understand what people's thought processes are that do the following:

Attempt to join the interstate, where the speed limit is 70 MPH minimum.

Which isn't the problem - but when they come to a full STOP at the on ramp, even though the freaking sign reads YIELD for a reason... it makes my head explode.

The whole point of the on ramp is so that you can get up to speed with traffic before you merge. It's much more difficult to merge with 70 MPH traffic from a dead farging STOP.

I had a guy driving one of those MetroLink buses do this to me last week. When I hit the horn, he lost his mind and started freaking out on me from behind the driver's seat. Dude, I'm not the one that came to a full stop on the freeway on ramp. You freaking idiot.
        Was there one of those idiotic "metering" signals on the ramp? They infest my area. Yes, they do make drivers come to a complete stop ON THE ONRAMP until they deign to let a car or two go, and the remaining portion of ramp is NOT long enough to reasonably achieve freeway speed without a lot of strain on one's engine.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Saw a state patrol SUV pull over a semi with a double trailer full of lumber today. It was right after a roundabout which is the only intersection in a tiny collection of stores and a gas station in the middle of nowhere on a scenic highway. I was pondering what he could have been doing wrong. The roundabout forces people to slow down, but he could have been speeding previously. All the lumber looked well tied down. Anyway, I guess I don't see big trucks like that pulled over very often.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

It's a construction zone, dickcheese, it's late at night, AND it's been raining. There are cones and barriers everywhere. The lanes are narrower, and this is a very congested stretch of road even at the best of times. And even though there aren't men working in this zone at 2am, that does not mean you get to go whizzing through at 70+ in your big rig. There are damned good reasons for the '50 MPH' signs you clearly ignored.

Nor does it give you the right to, precisely as I'm merging into this clusterfuck, suddenly decide to change lanes INTO THE RIGHT LANE. Without a signal, I might add.

I literally had no place to go. Your trailer missed me by the grace of about an inch, and only because I had to literally stand on the brakes to avoid a collision with both YOU and the concrete barrier on my right. Oh, and the guy behind me? Yeah, he almost became an integral part of my tailgate as a result of your dickish maneuver. As it was, HE went into the barrier. Had you simply remained in your lane, there would have been no problem. Well, other than your excessive speed, at any rate.

Yeah, I chased you down, and you can just bet your bottom dollar that I'm contacting whoever's at that 'How's My Driving?' number on your trailer. You caused an accident and damned near killed someone, jerk, and I'm going to recommend they piss test your inept ass. And yes, I'm giving that number to the authorities as well. You don't belong in the driver's seat of anything larger than a Big Wheel. I hope they jerk your license before you DO get someone killed. Sadly, I know they probably won't, because that's how it seems to work any more. Someone has to die or be horribly disfigured before anyone takes action.

Comment

Hi, jerkface courier. Yes, I saw you approaching me pretty fast. Yes, I did in fact merge right in front of you. My lane ended, and you would have had to slow down because of the truck I merged immediately behind... deal with it. Shaking your fist at me has exactly zero effect, thanks. If I wasn't on a call I might have called in a complaint, but honestly, it's not worth my time.

Also: it was a 6-lane highway, and you had to have been doing at least 90 in the slow lane with no other traffic in the immediate vicinity. Didn't it occur to you to, y'know, change lanes? I certainly had no trouble doing so.

(Also, don't try to out-asshole the cab driver. My van has a much more powerful engine than your little putt-putt.)
              Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
              OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
              she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
              Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                (Also, don't try to out-asshole the cab driver. My van has a much more powerful engine than your little putt-putt.)
                And remember folks "Scooty Puf Puf Juinors SUCK" lol

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
                  Was there one of those idiotic "metering" signals on the ramp? They infest my area. Yes, they do make drivers come to a complete stop ON THE ONRAMP until they deign to let a car or two go, and the remaining portion of ramp is NOT long enough to reasonably achieve freeway speed without a lot of strain on one's engine.
                  No... I live on the east coast, although I am familiar with the metering signals from our time living in Southern Cali. I hated those things - made everything even worse.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
                  --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

In the Toronto area we have the metering lights on the QEW into downtown Toronto. They're only used during rush hour, when traffic is such that there's plenty of room to accelerate from a dead stop to highway speed (which, at that time of day, is a walking pace if you're lucky).
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth MamaMootz View Post
                      No... I live on the east coast, although I am familiar with the metering signals from our time living in Southern Cali. I hated those things - made everything even worse.
                      There are a few here in the Washington DC metro area, but luckily not many and not where I usually drive...

Comment

We're infested with them here. They don't do any good that I can see.
                        Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
                          We're infested with them here. They don't do any good that I can see.
                          They probably would if the general population would drive the way they're supposed to. You know, obeying speed limits, NOT tailgating, staying in their lane, and so on.

But then, lots of things would work better if that were true.

Comment

If people drove sanely, I doubt the lights would be necessary in the first place.

Comment

Hey, idiots! The term "rush hour" doesn't mean "blindly do 90 in heavy traffic!" You demolished that jeep's bumper... and the front half of your entire truck. Was it worth it? I had plenty of time to stop...

Comment

On the flip side of the headlights in bad weather thing: brights/high beams in dense fog. Just wtf are you trying to accomplish with that, besides blinding yourself? There are these things called fog lights, on most cars that I know of. Fucking use them!
                                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                                X