This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost accident turns to Instant Carm

I was on my way home yesterday, pulling my dog in a bike trailer (first time pulling a trailer!) I came up to an intersection that had all flashing red lights. I checked to see if the coast was clear, and saw two cars coming to a stop, on the intersecting road, one on each side.

While I did briefly consider waiting (I had learned the trailer took a few seconds to get started) I decided to go, as I had the right of way. As I entered the intersection (my front wheel coming even with the green divider, shown by the red line, the car on my right started moving. Shouting at him to look where he was going, I could see the look of surprise on his face. I knew then that he hadn't even seen me, perhaps hadn't even looked more than a second at the intersection.

I imagine the look of surprise was even better when the undercover cop car on my side of the road lit up and pulled him over. They watch that intersection because many people just blow through the flashing lights.

Included is a diagram, hope it helps! This all took less than a minute, I was laughing my ass off the rest of the way home.
    Attached Files

Lucky he finally DID see you, and of course the cop being right there was just icing on the cake.

I find it appalling how many people in vehicles seem to go blind when there are cyclists or pedestrians in the area. I was waiting to turn right today, and a woman was standing on the sidewalk, waiting to cross. The light turned green and she turned and glanced at me to see whether I planned to run her over. 'S okay, lady, I saw you. I waited for her to get to the middle of the road before I started my turn.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

It's not just pedestrians and cyclists that some motorists are blind to. I don't understand how, but some people just can't see an 18 wheeler.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Well fortunately I saw him & stopped to let him go past.

People so blind as to miss an 18 wheeler should not be driving... It must be an extension of the 'Me-centric' delusion so many people have..

Comment

We have a bad intersection like that in town - it's a three-way, but NO ONE comes to a complete stop at the stop signs. The cops finally had to put a car there during heavier traffic times to get people to stop.

I'm about one of the only ones who does - because there's 2 Pokemon Go Pokestops at that corner. So as opposed to someone blowing through the stop sign, I'll sit there for a couple of minutes and wave on anyone coming from another direction (unless they're behind me, then I go)

Comment

Working...
          X