This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witnessed a damned near pile up.

Okay, so first and foremost, no actual crash happened, just came awfully damned close to happening. I was loitering at the intersection of Plumb and Kirman. Our city has invested in audio cross signals as well as visual ones. Well, the light turned green on Plumb, the walk sign to walk across Kirman turns on, and the "the walk sign to cross Kirman" announcement is made. Well, guy on a motorized scooter starts to bolt across Plumb. One guy had to swerve to avoid hitting him, another had to slam on their breaks to avoid being hit by the guy swerving, and a chain reaction like that goes back through the traffic with several close calls (close here being within a foot of striking, some within inches). I, admittedly a bit suckily yelled out, "what the are you doing, you're going to get someone killed?!?"
    His response, "but it said the walk sign is on."
    Seriously, the announcement explicitly made clear which way the walk sign was on, and based on the fact that you expertly navigated around other obstacles on your way to this intersection as I watched you approach, you aren't blind, so how did you miss the fact that the walk sign you were waiting for is still off and that you are about to cross traffic that has a green light?
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

...and that's another reason why I have a dash cam.
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Some scooter drivers think they're special; more maneuverable than cars (debatable) but larger than bikes or pedestrians so they fill in that annoyance gap quite nicely.

I see people in motorized scooters in the car lanes on a regular basis. Just waiting for one of these fools to get hit...I did witness one being pulled over by a police car once. Scooter guy was just tooling along smack in the middle of the lane, cop was ever-so-casually driving slowly behind him (with a small backup behind him) and suddenly got on the loudhailer just like he was pulling over a larger vehicle I didn't see the outcome, but seeing as I saw the same scooter dude doing his usual two days later he probably just got an unofficial warning or something.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
      X