Impersonating a Police Officer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impersonating a Police Officer!

I’ve seen news stories online about people being caught doing this, but I never thought I’d witness it myself.

I’d just picked up my dog from day care and was about to pull out of their parking lot when I heard a siren approaching from the left, so I waited. An SUV with undercover blue and red flashing grille lights and a siren was hauling ass and…

Wait a sec….a Jeep Cherokee? Ok that’s really bizarre. I’ve never seen a Jeep Cherokee police….whoa!

Connecticut plates. Unquestionably. Now, we’re not all that far from Connecticut, but we were WELL within the state of Massachusetts. No way that’s a real officer. I’ll eat my hat if it was legit.

I pulled out my phone and dialed 911. The police were quite interested and immediately began questioning me about precisely where and when I saw this, what the vehicle looked like (“and it had BLUE lights???”) , and last known direction of travel.

They said they’d look into it, thanked me, and hung up.

I hope they get him. That’s just complete and utter bullshit right there
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Post the news article when they catch him.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
      Post the news article when they catch him.
      Yes!!

Also, the last time somebody did this in Canada ... 22 people died, including one real cop who tried to stop him. He went driving around Nova Scotia shooting people at random.
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Either way they'd be VERY interested-it's either a guy impersonating a police officer in which case they'll want a quick word about why he's dressed up as one of them,or if it's a genuine cop then they would I imagine want to have a bit of a chat with him.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          I’ve never seen a Jeep Cherokee police….whoa!
          There are around, but few and far between. For a while some of the local departments had some, but that was mostly because the local Jeep plant was building them at the time, so it was more or less a local pride thing. Outside of that, I know a couple of the local park districts have them for their Park Rangers, which are effectively police.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Had something similar. I work at night and sometimes take the evening shift (ends at 11p) if someone calls in sick. All the undercover cars here are the same kind. Which kindamakes them obvious.

I had an 'undercover' following me for a while heading home while it was late and still dark. It's normally a 10-15min drive mind I usually have a bit of a lead foot sooo. I took a couple turns around the neighborhood including some very large circles and... definitely following me. Didn't put his sirens on and as where i work is a Hotspot (also straddling two different areas which is a bitch to deal with. If it happens in the parking lot its vicPD that answers, if its in the store or just outside the front on the sidewalk its SaanichPD which i honestly wouldnt trust to tie my shoes theyre so incompetant) I know all the regular/undercover cops that work evenings/nights. I should as we end up calling them about a dozen times a night.

I didn't recognize the license plate and he wasn't putting on the sirens but had the flashy silent lights. So I pretended oblivious, called 911, and they asked the questions like what road are you traveling, what direction etc? Presumably to determine who the fuck it was and why they either hadn't turned on their sirens since I was "ignoring" them or fucked right off. I explained that I had taken odd turns and done circles of the neighborhood to check if he was following me. I also learned that all Cops working night here are required to work in pairs unless they're k9. So i check the mirror during a lane change and nope, just a single dude and the k9 units all have a big k9 sign on the sides (the also tend to be vans in this city though not always and never in undercover cars here anyway probably due to liability issues).

They also said that all their units were accounted for and directed me to a different area patrolled by a different set of cops to see if he would follow since barring the kind of emergency that sends everyone running they don't cross those lines (theres a bit of a silent war between Vic and Saanich thats an open secret. Especiallysince non criminals are generallyhappy to see Vic but refuse to even talk to Saanich anymore without video recording because holy hell are those bastards corrupt. Some enterprising little shit even created an app that will save to a linked device to your phone so they cant just confiscate your phone and delete footage anymore).

Since he followed me after that they directed me down a sideroad that led to what was essentially a long driveway into the local cop shop in the most roundabout route possible without turnoffs. Once he was down the driveway that seemed isolated because of the trees, lack of houses, and the dark despite being in the city he finally hit his sirens. By this point i had gone through 4 seperate patrol areas so he reeeeeally had no reason to be following me. I literaly had backtracked all the way to oakbay and looped around towards home and all the way passed elklake... what should have bee a 15min trip was now almost 2hrs. Which is when the cops rolled up behind him hitting their sirens and another officer standing on the road waved me through and threw out presumably spike straps behind me. Pass around the corner and the entire beehive is buzzing with pissed off cops.

Turns out the guy had been fired in that weird space where some cops are heading home and others are just starting off in their vechiles after the paperwork from shift-chage is done and nobody noticed he had swiped a car from that precinct(?) (One half of the city's cops are pretty competent given they're crippled by the limits of dumb laws and understaffed but they try quite hard to actually uphold their oath...the other half is generally regarded as a joke and known to be utterly and completely corrupt to the point where it's starting to get a mob justice mentality in the area they patrol. It's no suprise to me that they didn't notice a car missing honestly. It's more a suprise that someone in their area actually received disciplinary action of any kind. Wouldnt be suprised if he had to kill someone to be fired honestly). Yeah, aside from waiting until he was under arrest and out of sight they didn't need anything but a statement. I did get a gas card out of it from some very friendly cops.

Honestly considering what happened the last time someone stole a cop car in Canada he's lucky that arrested was the worst reaction he got.
            Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

^ why do I picture Supertroopers after they get laid off and take Farva's car? "when you got to go you got to go"..
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Working...
              X