Yo! Pedestrians!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo! Pedestrians!

A quick suggestion, o ye travellers on foote: if it's within your capability to do so, put some hustle into crossing the street, will you? Instead of a pace that I can best describe as meandering.
    Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
    They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

I'd just be happy if my local pedestrians would refrain from crossing at the darkest point of the street at night while wearing dark colors. I swear they're trying to play insurance settlement lotto.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth Seanette View Post
      I'd just be happy if my local pedestrians would refrain from crossing at the darkest point of the street at night while wearing dark colors. I swear they're trying to play insurance settlement lotto.
      Oh, around my neck of the woods that's the dang bicyclists! At night, in dark clothes, no reflectors...
      Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
      They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Quoth Ceir View Post

Oh, around my neck of the woods that's the dang bicyclists! At night, in dark clothes, no reflectors...
        I get those here too. Ugh.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

It always amazes me that people act like they don't understand that if a car hits you going 45 mph, you are going to be just as dead, if you are in the right or wrong.

Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
            It always amazes me that people act like they don't understand that if a car hits you going 45 mph, you are going to be just as dead, if you are in the right or wrong.
            Around here we call that being dead right.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

And whilst we're at it, those red and green lights they put up at pedestrian crossings aren't just to make the poles look pretty.
              There is one particular road near us-the main road turns left and the pedestrian section goes straight on. There is also a pedestrian crossing just after the turn. The number of times there has been a crowd just wombling across the road that have been startled by a car appearing in their midst-if they'd been paying attention, the big red man saying DON'T WALK might have been a clue.

The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

What scared the hell out of me most was when I was delivering pizza for a living. Halloween, back when the Daylight Savings change was just before the end of October. It's suddenly dark, early, and all these little kids are running around in stuff that isn't readily visible. "Stay on the sidewalk? huh, what?" I was driving well UNDER the posted residential 25 MPH limit, and ***STILL*** couldn't see the damn kids until they were about even with my side windows.

Comment

Working...
                X