X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they call them "Mass-holes" for a reason

driving in Massachusetts sucks

well so does CT, but these 3 weren't my fault, at least i don't think so

well one was in rhode island, but idk if he was a rhode island or mass. driver anyways...whatever, my 3 stories

1) Im drivin on the highway,(i believe in MA) in the furthest right lane. the person in front of me is driving to the right of me but in front, its not a lane anymore. i dont know, they were stupid. anyways theres and entrance ramp coming up and a small truck is entering, and well they almost smashed.

a) if i were speeding, there wouldve been a crash
    b) if there actually was anyone to my left, i wouldnt be able to swerve and miss

assholes

(i like how in ct there are entrance ramps, immediately followed by an exit, some are nearly damn impossible to drive in and out of...)

2) Im at a light in the left lane, i realize i needed to be in the lane to my right. lights red and im waiting for it to turn green and switch lanes, my signal is on. (damn gps tells me make u-turns when the are no u-turns...all day..) anyways, light turns green and i check to see if i can go, the car to my right in the lane i need to be in is still sitting there, so i think he's letting me in. my mom checks as well, so i start to go and he starts to go, turns out he was busy playing with his phone. he let me in anyways

3) Im entering a highway, going at a reasonable speed. i need to merge left as the lane is about to end, and we're about to go into a tunnel. a truck is in the lane im trying to merge into. he does not speed up or slow down, and matches my speed for the most part. i try to speed up to get over and hes honking, i tap the breaks thinking hes speeding up to pass me, and no he keeps his speed, mind you the lane is about to end and im about to go into a tunnel wall. and i speed up again, and he still honks. thankfully i made it in.

btw, nobody in massachusetts or rhode island for the most part...(or CT) ever use theur damn signal lights

Well number 3 is an easy one! He was messing with you, very dangerously. Along with being an all-round jerk-face!
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
      btw, nobody in massachusetts or rhode island for the most part...(or CT) ever use theur damn signal lights
      No one uses their turn signals here either. I had an excuse with the Honda, they didn't work. My right turn signal doesn't technically work unless I push up on the lever hard and hold it. I think the spring is going out in it. But I always put my hand out the window and point right when I need to turn, and most people figure out what i'm doing so no harm done.

As for the jackass in the truck, personally, I would have started merging, just to see if he would get the point and move.
      Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

Check your GPS configuration... many (if not all) have an option to disable u-turns.

SirWired

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
          Check your GPS configuration... many (if not all) have an option to disable u-turns.

SirWired
          yea mine does that. never thought to change it hahaha

i should also update my gps.

theres this particular part of highway in providence, that when i drive over a bridge....it shows my car floating over water AHAH

Comment

I broke the little thingy in my turn signal that disables the signal after you've turned and corrected back to driving straight.

So yes, I have to manually control my turn signals......I could drive in circles over and over and that click will not cancel.

Why did this happen? My turn signal got stuck and kept cancelling itself while I was sitting at a funny angle waiting to turn left, and I got so mad I smashed it down and held it there until I turned......and noticed as I was going down the road I was still clicking.....and clicking....I did some random turns and was still clicking.

Gahh. I bet it's probably a cheap fix, I really should look into that.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth sarasquirrel View Post
              1) Im drivin on the highway,(i believe in MA) in the furthest right lane. the person in front of me is driving to the right of me but in front, its not a lane anymore.
              There's areas around Boston where on the highway during rush hour you can use the breakdown lane as a traffic lane. It'll be posted along the side of the road what hours you can do it.

Comment

Quoth Jack7957 View Post
                There's areas around Boston where on the highway during rush hour you can use the breakdown lane as a traffic lane. It'll be posted along the side of the road what hours you can do it.
                Route 3 between Braintree and Marshfield is a good example of this.
                Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Bagboy View Post
                  Route 3 between Braintree and Marshfield is a good example of this.
                  we werent anywhere close to boston, we were on our way to new bedford.

if i remember correctly, there may have been some construction in the area. and it was the only car in this "lane"

oh well

Comment

I'm convinced traffic cops would make a killing in ticket monies if they just ticketed for improper merging. World deficit solved!

Can you tell I hate the EW merging a-holes around here.
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                    X