X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two More Reasons I Hate Driving

...well, and parking.

I left work this morning, and was treated to the sight of the pickup truck parked behind me backed in SO close that the trailer hitch was less than 6 inches from my back bumper.

That was probably a day shift person, because there was no one behind me when I got to work (obviously because I pulled up to the front).

However, it's been noted by several of my coworkers who come to work a little early and sit in their vehicles that there are lots of people, who every single freaking day insist and I mean insist on backing in to their parking spot, and will spend upwards of several minutes to get it right. All so that they don't have to back out when they leave. If they were smart, they'd just find two open spots and pull up to the front, like I do. Or save the time of backing in and just back out when you leave. Garrr. I have heard the stories out on break about the same people who take several tries just to back in....and some have backed into other vehicles or parked so freaking bassackwards that they take up two spots or most of one and part of another and mess it all up.

And then there was the trip to the gym. I will now be putting a pair of undies in my "emergency travel kit" because of morons like this.

So, at a stop light, there are usually seperated lanes, correct? Sometimes the left turn lanes even get fancy medians so that it's clear that it's LEFT TURN....

Thank God I pay attention. I was about to turn left (unprotected left turn, turn lane with a median to seperate from the straight lanes) when I noticed this drooling idiot in a red van pulling out and out and out into the intersection with its left signal on....then it became apparent this idiot was going to turn LEFT from the straight lane......

And I had just enough time to go....ARRRG.....I laid and laid and laid on that horn while he kept inching, as if to say "Just go you fucking idiot!" because I wasn't going to take any chances. I didn't even know if he was really turning left or trying to make a U-turn.

After a little bit of non stop horn honking, drooling idiot finally makes his precious left turn and then goes blaring down the service road and nearly sent his van airborne going over the speed bumps in the parking lot of the gas station nearby.

You miss a turn, you effing wait until the next intersection and get turned around. I don't care what's going on, you NEVER EVER endanger people like that by taking turns from straight lanes......there could always be someone in that left turn lane!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Quoth blas View Post
    However, it's been noted by several of my coworkers who come to work a little early and sit in their vehicles that there are lots of people, who every single freaking day insist and I mean insist on backing in to their parking spot, and will spend upwards of several minutes to get it right.
    Um, I tend to back into spaces, but that's because it's how my instructor taught me to park, & I've always found it easier. Plus some of the local carparks have boy-racer nitwits zooming around, so coming out forwards (so that you can see what's coming a little easier) is a survival strategy.
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I sometimes like to back in to park, myself.

But unlike these nitwits, I can do so in one try, and not take much more time than if I had just parked forward.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I usually pull in, but can back in in one try most of the time. Maybe pulling forward a feet feet to straight it out but that's it.

Comment

I could care less what people prefer, as long as they know what they are doing and they don't nearly cause accidents or bumps and dings.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
          X