X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut-off at light!!

Hoky; dis is de earth...

No, actually I was the left-hand turn lane coming-up to a green light. There was a straight and right-turn lane to my right. There were 2-cars in-front of me. The first made it's turn. The light turned yellow as the 2nd car began it's turn. SUDDENLY this car whips-up beside me in the straight lane, cuts-into my turn lane and turns left right on the ass of the 2nd car. I was so startled I hit the brakes, and then the light turned red. I'm pretty lucky the car behind me didn't rear-end me.

Seriously? You had to almost kill me because you were in the wrong lane? When You could have turned the next street up? Or did you think you had room enough since I wasn't kissing the bumper of the 2nd car?

Of course, I caught up with the person at the next light (yep, my near-death didn't save them any time!) and daydreamed about their firey demise for the rest of the drive.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Quoth LillFilly View Post
    Seriously? You had to almost kill me because you were in the wrong lane? When You could have turned the next street up? Or did you think you had room enough since I wasn't kissing the bumper of the 2nd car?
    Nope, just entitled. Clearly it was more important for them to make that left turn than you. I mean, don't you know they have important places to be and things to do?
    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

And that more important place being the next red light.

Comment

There was a study published about 6 months ago that reported that speeding saves the average commuter only 8 minutes of driving time... per week.

That's only 48 seconds each way

I see this all the time on my bike too. I'm moving at about 20mp/h, most of the cars are doing about 45 in a 35 zone, but I'll catch up every 3 or 4 blocks and we all wait together for the red light.

Driving unsafely doesn't save time.
        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

I had something similar happen to me the other day. I was in the left hand lane of a two lane road going straight. Approaching a red light, I started to slow down, but I was still going fairly fast. I'm about 3 seconds from actually stopping at the light, and then a white car in the right hand lane decided it had to get in my lane NOW!(No signal of course). I was going to be the first in the left lane, and they were going to be the first in the straight lane, but they had to be in the left lane.
          I honked because they just about brushed their back bumper on my front bumper.
          I thought "I hope they have to turn onto one of the residential roads on the left side after we go," but they didn't. They sped off and we ended up at the same next red light waiting to turn.

I hate getting cut off. You're driving and leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you. But to the person who cuts you off thinks it's a special space just for them, cutting in, now too close to the car in front of it and making you too close to them.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
            There was a study published about 6 months ago that reported that speeding saves the average commuter only 8 minutes of driving time... per week.

That's only 48 seconds each way

I see this all the time on my bike too. I'm moving at about 20mp/h, most of the cars are doing about 45 in a 35 zone, but I'll catch up every 3 or 4 blocks and we all wait together for the red light.

Driving unsafely doesn't save time.
            8 minutes per week = 416 minutes per year. That's like 6 hours or something. Of course that 8 minutes gets wiped out if you get a ticket.

I mean I speed but I try to move at the traffic flow. In the city I don't bother with speeding because you always get caught at the lights.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post

That's only 48 seconds each way.
              You know, I had a teacher tell me this in second grade...17 years ago. I don't remember the whole scenario, just that Mrs. Ladybug's car got crushed because big mean Mr. Beetle took a left turn when he wasn't supposed to. And that she told us that speeding by ten KPH (we were in Germany at the time) would only get her to school two minutes faster--and she didn't want to be Mrs. Ladybug and get her car squished, so she didn't speed. Funny the things you remember years later...
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Working...
              X