Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Safety Announcement (Unless you want to literally become roadkill)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Safety Announcement (Unless you want to literally become roadkill)

Okay, you know that wide strip of pavement between the swamp and the sidewalk? Stay the fuck out of it. Use the sidewalk.

Why do I issue this proclamation, you ask? Because the strip of pavement is sunk down a ways from the sidewalk. Separating the pavement from the sidewalk is a concrete wall and a chain link/wood slat fence on top of it, so people can't trip on the sidewalk and fall down to the pavement below. This strip of pavement serves as a work area and delivery zone for the store. At the far end of the strip is a driveway frequently used by delivery trucks. If one of those trucks would come down the driveway toward the store, they would not see you walking on the pavement until it was too late for them to stop.

So yesterday, as I'm taking pallets of soil from the truck outside to lawn and garden, what should I see but a couple kids strolling through the pavement strip, bookbags on their backs, just out of school. And then a little while later, as I'm still taking soil out, another kid comes whizzing through on a bike. I've even seen some ignorant slut pushing her babies in a stroller through this pavement strip, along with some fuckwad whizzing through and up the driveway on a mobility scooter.

Shit, even I could run these people over on the forklift if they happened to be in the wrong place while I was coming through with a load on the forks.

And there's nothing we can do about this short of putting up barricades, and we can't do that. If/when somebody gets run over and gets injured or killed because they can't be arsed to use the sidewalk, we'll be the ones to get sued, since that pavement strip is on our property.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily
Working...
X