This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You putrid lying sack of.... Warning: Long

This one is from my senior year of high school, so...a little over 4 years ago.

It was the month before prom, and i was looking forward to it since i actually had a girlfriend to take to it (didnt go to my jr prom). Anyway, it was after school one day, and the majority of seniors that drive live north of the school, which is in the southern half of town.

There is one road that gets you to the bypass (highway that runs through town, nothing major, just a 4 lane road, 2 lanes going one way, 2 going the opposite, with turn lanes and such) was where most people went so they could get onto the highway and get home faster, so there was a line of about 6 cars on that day waiting to turn.

I opted to cut through the parking lot of the grocery store adjacent to the road. I pull in, go straight in front of the store, and turn down an aisle of parking spaces. I get to the end, and i stop. Now, this is where it gets important. The only way to get to or from the parking lot from the bypass is a divided drive, one way only for enter and one way for exit, both clearly marked, with a concrete median separating them.

For the record, i drove, and still drive, a 1995/96 Oldsmobile cutlass supreme coupe, sort of a turquoise color, with black trim, and black interior with leather seats. She's my Louise (Yea, i named my car, wanna fight about it? lol) Well, as i said, i stopped at the end of the row of spaces, because i saw some dumbass in a beat-to-hell ford pickup, older model, coming into the parking lot THROUGH THE EXIT ONLY DRIVE.

He turns towards me, a VERY wide turn. At this point, i turn to my passenger and i say, and i quote, "Oh shit, this guy's gonna hit me". No sooner did i utter the final syllable, when WHAM! Bastard creamed my front drivers side fender hard enough to push my front end about 3 feet ( and bend my frame, fucker). Thankfully, a bystander saw the whole thing and called the cops before i even got out of my car (unfortunately, they didnt have the gumption to actually stay and tell the policeman what happened...thanks anyway).

Well, this being late march, it was a fairly warm day in N.E. indiana, and i'm stranded in a parking lot at 3:15 p.m. The policeman didn't show up until after 4pm (yea, most cops here really just suck, there are exceptions though). It also took a minimum of 3 phonecalls (one from the bystander, and 2 or so from my very pissed off mother who left work to come and make sure i was ok) to finally get a cop on scene. Well, of course it could only get worse.

The bastard that hit me, who i mention reeked.....no....more like BATHED in cigarettes and the contents of all the ashtrays from all the bars in Scotland and Ireland combined, was wearing a filthy old jersey and baggy black sweats that were no better off in the cleanliness department. Oh, sidenote: between the time of the accident and the time the cop finally showed up, this dumb sumbitch had the gall.....or lack of braincells, to leave the scene and walk to the Wendys across the highway to meet someone there(which supposedly was where he was trying to get to in the first place).

Hey you, put down the ice cold 24-pack of derp juice and think for a second. Leaving the scene of an accident is a FELONY jackass. Too bad he didn't get arrested and charged for that...Ain't fair i tell ya. Anyway, the cop finally showed up and this dude literally hovered around him the entire time he was writing the report. BTW, the cop never even asked to talk to my passenger, never got a statement from him or anything. Anyway, the cop actually had to tell the guy to step away from the cruiser at one point. The guy that hit me lied to the cop and tried to say that i pulled out in front of him.

The damage to my car was limited to my front drivers side fender. Had i actually pulled out in front of him, the damage would've been on the back half of the fender, and on my door as well. This guy was nervous. He had insurance from some company out of....i think it was Missouri maybe. Well, we filed a suit in small claims court so we wouldn't have to shell out he dough to fix my car, because the accident was entirely his fault. We go to court the first time, and because smokey jackass's insurance company hadn't sent anyone here for him, we had to send them another letter informing them of the accident and that their client is an incompetent jackass who shouldn't be allowed to drive a power chair, let alone a pickup truck(well..ok, scratch the last part, that's just my evilness rearing its ugly head).

Fast forward a month or so, We're back in court. Mind you that both times, this guy wore dirty smelly clothes and basically could've passed off as a homeless guy in appearance and stench. Meanwhile me and my mother were there, clean, and had a file folder full of papers and things to present. This guy was, as my mom so eloquently put it, "nervous as a whore in church". He was visibly shaking, probably because he knew we was going to be paying what ended up being around $3000 in damages and what not to fix my poor innocent car.

Needless to say, we came on top and my car was fixed and still is with me today. Unfortunately i did end up having to drive my mom's car to prom....not too bad though. Little tip for you all, know how to drive, don't lie to the cops unless you are prepared to handle some serious repercussions, and at the very least shower and put on clean clothes when and if you have to go to court for something(god forbid any of you should ever have to do.)
    Last edited by iradney; 05-27-2010, 07:36 AM. Reason: Please use paragraphs, as a wall o text is hard to read

Damn are you ever lucky! The fact that he actually had insurance AND came to court! The uninsured guy who hit Mr. E got out and ran away! Denied later that he was even driving it at the time. Witnesses couldn't identify.
    Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

Wow, that sucks. Some people just need to learn to own up to their stupidity, no matter how much shame their family name will be indelibly stained with. That would save everyone a lot of time, money, and booze.

Comment

Working...
      X