This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much Stupid in One Day

Is it just me or something about holidays that just bring out the stupid more than usual?

I was off this past Saturday and Sunday and thought I could get a day's rest staying home, tidying up the house and then spending all afternoon on the laptop.

Oh no. My mother decided she wanted to go out shopping. We'd already had a shopping spree of sorts the previous weekend (and I swear to Dog I'm not turning her loose again out at Garden Ridge or Target or the Farmer's Market for that matter, but I'll save that for another post.)

Don't get me wrong: I love shopping. I just hate stupid people, and doubly hate them when they are loose with wheels underneath them. Such as these "notables." And all of these we encountered on Saturday.

Turn Signals are Optional. So is having working brain cells

Dumbass in a small green compact car who couldn't make up her damn mind if she wanted to turn on not. Mom and I have just turned out of the drive thru at Biscuitville and were waiting to turn left onto the main road. We see Dumbass start to turn into the other end of the parking lot, then pull her car out and back into traffic. No turn signal at all. Nada. Dumbass then backed her car up and then started forward before finally deciding to go straight. I guess she got her driver's license out of a Cracker Jack box.

Nobody needs to use that lane anyways . . .

A few minutes after Green Dipshit, we ran into who I can only think has to be a cousin of hers. Dipwad young guy in a white Grand Marquis sitting horizontally across one and a half lanes of Wendover Speedway waiting behind someone else who was in the median waiting to turn onto the westbound lane. Good thing traffic was light for a change, otherwise he'd been t-boned. He did just get through the median and turn right before we came up on him, but then Mom had gotten into the farthest right hand lane to avoid this one.

Pick a Damn Lane Already . . .

A little while later, after we'd gotten home and had breakfast, gotten dressed and headed out west on Wendover Speedway to get to the Farmers' Market (way out on the other side of Bumfuckt Egypt, BTW) we were still encountering somewhat light traffic, but once we got out toward the Interstate 40 exit, we had to contend with several who just couldn't make up their minds what lane they wanted.

One guy zipped all the way across from the right hand lane across 4 lanes of lunchtime Saturday traffic just to get to the left turning lane near the Interstate. No turn signal to be seen.

And then we have the other variation: those who tailgate you for 12 or so blocks, then speed past you to try to make that next light. Had a Jeep doing that to us too . . . but was disappointed when the light turned red right as he approached the intersection.

Even funnier: before we got out to the I-40 part of Wendover and were still in the middle of town, we had not one, but 5 cars in a row pass us just to get in front of us. I don't think I saw a one without a cell phone glued to the ear either.

Do you want that damn space or what?

We made it generally unscathed down Wendover and then Interstate 40. Got to the Sandy Ridge Road exit fine. Got onto the bridge where I-40 runs underneath to cross over and get to the Farmer's Market and the line was backed up almost the entire length of the overpass.

No wonder the streets on my side of town are basically deserted. They're all here.

We took the next lane and drove past the line of cars, saw a deputy sherrif out directing traffic in and out of the entrance to the market, drove past the line of cars waiting in the other direction and turned around at a nearby church parking lot and got in the line coming south (it was much shorter) and got in fairy quickly considering.

Then we run into a minivan that couldn't decide if it wanted the handicapped space by the entrance to the Main farmers' area or not. So we're sitting there, waiting for this real woman of genius as she crept up over the space and then slowly moved forward out of it. Then she backed up back into the space, then moved forward out of it completely. Needless to say, as soon as Genius Woman got out of the way, Mom pulled into the space and then attempted to make a turn so she could park facing the flow of traffic.

Then another genius came up flying past us and Mom had to hit brakes pretty hard. Dumbass had to see the rear lights lit up on the car and the car moving . . .

Don't park behind someone who's trying to pull out . . .

Later that afternoon, after we'd gotten our plants home and unloaded, we made a run to the Sweet Shoppe Bakery over in High Point to pick up a special order by 4. I'd went in, paid for the stuff, and was out of there within 3 minutes. I had just put the boxes into the back seat and was getting in when this big black Cadillac Escalade pulled up next to us too close.

There was plenty of parking on the other side of us that this behemoth could have rested in, but oh no. It had to park right near our back side so we couldn't pull out.

And there's no way that bitch driving it could have missed that we were attempting to leave. Mom had already started the car and her foot was on the brake, therefore the brake lights would have been lit up like a Christmas tree.

By this time, I'm hot, starting to sweat (it was getting warm outside) and I had already had my fill of stupid for the day and was about to burst. Mom was just about ready to blow, but due to the fact that she couldn't walk in there herself . . . I had to go back inside and ask who owned the SUV and would they move it so we could get out.

Two ladies were hogging the counter so I asked an employee who had just come out of she could help me find the owner of the vehicle, as their vehicle was blocking us from leaving.

One of the ladies looked over at me and said she owned the vehicle. So I (as nicely as I could) explained to her that her vehicle was parked in such a way that my mother couldn't back our small car out.

Lady wanted to get snotty and say "We parked in straight. You parked at an angle."

Other lady with her stepped up and said she'd move the car. I went back outside and got into the car and told Mom what was said. She had a few choice words but the lady did come and move the vehicle. Luckily the woman didn't say anything out of the way to Mom or she'd gotten an earful.

I think next time I run into that, I'll whip my phone out of my pocket and ask for the number of a tow truck.

Wrong turn signal, Stupid . . .

And on the way home we witnessed yet another level of stupid. Some moron in a truck decided to get into the right turn lane at I-40 East - but had the left turn signal on.

I think after Saturday (luckily Sunday wasn't bad) I think I'll just stay home and shop online so I don't have to deal with the idiots.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

It sounds like a nice day otherwise from the awful drivers.
    There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

As I'm reading your post, my head just keeps nodding. Sounds typical for this area, especially at the Farmer's Market. I have found that shopping there on a weekday works so much better.

Comment

Quoth Indigo View Post
        As I'm reading your post, my head just keeps nodding. Sounds typical for this area, especially at the Farmer's Market. I have found that shopping there on a weekday works so much better.
        It is. Mom and I went on Thursday of last week, after I'd worked a half day. No problems at all getting in or out and maybe a third of the spots in the parking lot were full.

Bad part of that was some of the vendors weren't there . . . and I had seen two beautiful blue-lavender Hydrangea bushes I wanted to purchase (and they were the only vendor who had that color.)

Sadly, I couldn't get them because nobody was there. When we went back on Saturday, another lady had two of that color - they were the last two it turned out after I'd checked over at their station to see if they had any more.

So while it's easier at times to go during the week, it sometimes doesn't work out in one's favor.

Bright side was I found two gorgeous pink Hydrangeas and a cute purple hybrid Hibiscus (I think?) Either way, despite the idiots, I had the back seat and trunk loaded up with some beautiful stuff for the deck and the yard.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

OT, but if you're adventurous with plants and dont kill them by looking at them like I do, you can change the color of hydrangeas by controlling the pH of the soil.

http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/colorchange.html

Comment

Working...
          X