This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...but I have the right of way!!!!

On my way home I witnessed this gem because I knew it was going to happen. As I was sitting at the light waiting for a left turn arrow an ambulance is racing up to the intersection, he clears it just fine on the green. About quarter mile back is a fire engine, by the time he hits the intersection he has a red light so on top of the being code 3 (Lights and sirens) he lays on the air horn and slows down. Could thing, as the asshole in little car decides to take off anyways because he had a green light. What truly makes him an idiot is the fact I watched him give the middle finger to the fire engine.... Seriously, the ambulance 30 seconds prior didn't give him any indication to lookout for more emergency vehicles? The flashing lights and being easily 6 times bigger didn't deter him from trying to cut the engine off either?

Which makes me think if a cop would have been there this moron would have said "But I had the green light and the right of way!" .... which doesn't apply when emergency vehicle is making it obvious they coming into intersection
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Flipping off a fire truck en route to an emergency?

Gosh, that asshole better hope they don't remember him in case his place ever starts on fire.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

This is when one hopes that karma catches up with this moron a little more quickly.
      Dull women have immaculate homes.

Comment

If it wouldn't have a) delayed the fire fighters from their emergency, b) caused the same firefighters psychological trauma, and c) ruined a perfectly good fire truck, I would have been rooting for the truck to cream the a$$hole.

Physics, people. Even if the fire fighters see the guy, they might not have been able to stop in time. A fire truck loaded with water going even 35 mph can't stop on a dime.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          If it wouldn't have a) delayed the fire fighters from their emergency, b) caused the same firefighters psychological trauma, and c) ruined a perfectly good fire truck, I would have been rooting for the truck to cream the a$$hole.

Physics, people. Even if the fire fighters see the guy, they might not have been able to stop in time. A fire truck loaded with water going even 35 mph can't stop on a dime.
          lmfao, you remind me of when I was in college, I watched a stopped engine start rolling into the dorm. left a nice big hole, loud crash, lots of shaken people especially those right next to the supply closest it hit. And i mean it was just iding forward. haha I even watched the driver bail out, they claimed the brakes failed, but I think the driver panicked. From a fire fighter friend I learned that the pump runs off of the drive train and you need to put the parking brake on and put the engine into drive to run the pump. Hence why when you forget brake you get a big hole.
          I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Fire engines always have the right of way... except over each other.
            Last edited by Shalom; 07-07-2010, 12:13 AM. Reason: forgot the close quote at the end of the url

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
              Fire engines always have the right of way... except over each other.
              The above link appears to be messed up. I get an error page. I had to remove it to be able to post a reply.

Here is the correct link: Fire engine crash.

And another link: Fire engine crash with sound.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

oops. forgot the close quote at the end of the URL. Thanks for pointing that out; I've repaired the post above.

Comment

Working...
                X