This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought you were so smart...

Mom had some errands to do for the family she works for and picked me up to help; while going through town we stopped at out usual coffee haunt. It's at the intersection of the main street as well as a smaller one-way street (one way from the major street) that has about four loading areas backing up to it. No standing on the main street so mom turns the corner with the intent of dropping me off to get coffees and finding a parking space further down.

A woman in a monster SUV comes up the wrong way (honking at two legally-parked trucks and almost hitting us) and parks right on the corner (blocking half the lane on the main street); she gets out and toddles across the street. Goes into the shoe store.

After finding a parking spot, mom sees a metermaid walking up toward the main street and waves her down.

Mom: Hi <name>, You might want to ticket a silver Escalade parked right smack at the corner up there; she's blocking half the lane and came flying up this street the wrong way to boot. I think her big emergency was in the shoe store.
    Metermaid: Thanks, I thought I saw her doing something funny but wasn't sure.

"I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    Mom: Hi <name>, You might want to ticket a silver Escalade parked right smack at the corner up there; she's blocking half the lane and came flying up this street the wrong way to boot. I think her big emergency was in the shoe store.
    Metermaid: Thanks, I thought I saw her doing something funny but wasn't sure.
    Your mum is seriously cool. Please pass on my admiration
    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

With how much people yell at meter maids, I'm sure the one she talked was happy that someone was nice to her and even helped her nail someone just begging for a ticket.

Comment

There are way too many EW drivers around here who get away with shit just because they can. As a result, the intersection has become so crazy that a lot of police don't like pulling traffic duty here (no police because people pull dangerous shit=people pulling crazy dangerous shit=no police because...). So mom figures that if we can "help" just a few of the idiots get what they deserve...
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

That sounds like they need to start a team effort and crack down on that junction. Heck, probably even having an officer or two sitting there just writing down numbers would b helpful at that point.

Comment

Working...
          X