X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three short ones from today:

Dear Young Lady,

may I inform you that using your cell while driving is considered a violation of traffic rules in our country? Actually, it has been for quite a while; in fact, it most probably was forbidden already when you were taking driving classes.
    Using your free hand for caressing your boyfriend's (I assume he is) face, leaving your knees in control of the wheel is not going to make things much better.

Dear Madam,

for checking your makeup, or rather checking yourself applying makeup, a mirror is a snazzy invention.
    Yes, you can use your rear view mirror for that purpose. It' not designed for it (that's what the mirrors inside your sunblinds are for), but hey, it's your rear view mirror, so you can use it as you see fit.
    However, I strongly advise against doing so during times you are actually conducting your vehicle. On a freeway. At 130km/h (about 80 mph).

Sir,

if you are tailgating me, at a distance I cannot see your license plate anymore, I can only think of two possible reasons:
    - You are attempting to save fuel, by hugging my slipstream
    - You want to subtly encourage me to go faster.
    Given the fact you are wildly gesticulating and flashing your high beams at me (which, by the way, is rather ineffective given the fact you are too close for me seeing much of them), I think the latter one is most probably true.
    Be assured, I won't merge with the right lane traffic unless it is safe to me to do so. Hint: Heavy trucks on that lane, with gaps between one another somewhere around 30 meters do NOT constitute 'safe to merge' where I come from.
    No, I won't go any faster than I already do.
    Not when the two of us are already moving at 215km/h (135 mph)
    Last edited by Midnight_Angel; 07-28-2011, 01:11 PM.
    I still miss my ex.
    But my aim is getting better.

Quoth Midnight_Angel View Post
    Not when the two of us are already moving at 215km/h (135 mph)
    THAT MUST FEEL AMAZING!!!!

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
      THAT MUST FEEL AMAZING!!!!
      "Freie Fahrt für freie Bürger"

Some of the German freeways have no speed limits. Yes, it's fun to try going really fast.
      I'll admit that I prefer the 90 to 110 km/h speeds even if I'm allowed to drive faster. It saves gas and you don't have to concentrate as much.

Comment

Actually, going at more than 200km/h for any amount of time is pretty strenuous. You will have to guesstimate what people will do ahead of you quite a long distance forward (as quite a few german drivers seem to suffer from broken left index fingers, i.e. don't expect them so signal if they want to change lanes... and someone going some 100km/h slower than you suddenly pulling over into your lane are is not exactly funny).

Plus, yes, it really gets on the gas (about 5.2l/100 km when going 120-130km/h (my usual cruising speed), opposed to just shy of 11l/100km at 215km/h, or 47 vs. 22 mpg).

However, I must admit, today I overslept, so I was in a bit of a hurry
        Last edited by Midnight_Angel; 07-28-2011, 01:09 PM.
        I still miss my ex.
        But my aim is getting better.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
          "Freie Fahrt für freie Bürger"

Some of the German freeways have no speed limits. Yes, it's fun to try going really fast.
          I'll admit that I prefer the 90 to 110 km/h speeds even if I'm allowed to drive faster. It saves gas and you don't have to concentrate as much.
          Yes but... but... straight stretch... engine purring.... 5th gear....

I want it more because I can't legally do it here in the USA.

Comment

Quoth Pezzle

Yes but... but... straight stretch... engine purring.... 5th gear....

I want it more because I can't legally do it here in the USA.
            Omg yes. Fast cars are fun.
            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
              Omg yes. Fast cars are fun.
              You'll have to go to Germany, rent a BMW and try it out . It is fun and I think everybody driving in Germany at one point have tried to see how fast their car really could go.
              For transportation, though, high speed takes too much concentration and cost too much to be worthwhile.

Comment

The high beam signal usually pops up for me when I get onto the freeway heading home after a weekend with the boyfriend. It may mean that, but usually I interpret it as "move into hte other f@#$ing lane!" which I do. I only change lanes on the freeway at the moment if I am overtaking a truck. (legally the speed limit on said freeway is 110km/h, legally I can only do 100km/h)
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

And now days going down the hill trucks can only legally do 60km/h
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Working...
                  X