This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen drivers & cell phones

I seriously believe that teens who drive should not be allowed to own cell phones. Today I was almost t-boned a blonde moron who blew through a stop sign, gabbing away and not watching where she was going, and then she almost got hit AGAIN, crossing traffic to turn into McD's. It doesn't matter that there's a law that its illegal to talk on your cell while driving, I see teens in this city doing it EVERY SINGLE DAY and it drives me insane.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

It's not just teens.

I was behind someone today on the way home for several miles. This was a man about my father's age, yapping away on a cell phone. Going 45 in a 50, then 30 in the 40 mph zone, then merged onto the freeway at about 45.

I passed him.

A few miles later, he came roaring past me, this time without a cell phone attached to his ear.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I'll second the "it's not just teens." Most of the cell phone yappers I see around here are very definitely adults.

Hubby and I do think it a good idea for our kids to have phones when they're teenage drivers, just so they always have that emergency contact for us (thankfully, that's minimum 11 years away). However, we'll be drilling into their heads that you do not talk or text on your phone while driving, or we'll be taking away both phone and car keys until the lesson is learned. I will not tolerate my children being a road hazard if I can help it.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

This is one of the reasons I don't want children :L

I seriously don't want to be embarrassed by going to the Station/Hospital and saying "Yeah, I have a kid who was talking on his cell while driving..." That is one thing I want to avoid. -Sigh I know it doesn't help the overall problem.. But hey! One less little problem, right? :L
        People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

Comment

I always say I fear the cell phone driver more than I do the drunk driver.

The cell phone drivers are out all times of the day or night. The drunks normally only come out after dark.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I can't remember ever seeing a teen driving and texting/talking. It's always the business people in power suits with flashy cars, trying to get work done at every possible second. They seem to think that physics will get out of their way in their quest for the dollar.

Comment

Working...
            X