Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ha ha, copper you can't catch me! - 2 almost self-sightings ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha ha, copper you can't catch me! - 2 almost self-sightings ;)

It's been a busy weekend here cos Tennessee is having the tax-free weekend.

So far I've had 2 almost-run-ins with cops. Almost I say.

Friday: I was driving home after a long day of work - my first 10 hour shift here. My coworkers said it's like having a 3-day Black Friday. Anyway as usual I was doing 10 over the limit (70 in a 60 zone) and was about to pass a car ahead of me... when I realized it was a cop.

So instead of passing him and getting his attention in a bad way I slowed down to the speed limit. Then I got scared when the cop pulled to the right shoulder to let me pass. Fuck.

But his lights remained off. I figure he decided to tail me to try to get me on something so I stayed at limit the rest of the way home, even across the border.

Saturday: Almost another 10 hour shift, although we got off a little early tonight. No trouble on the way home but I stayed close to just 5 over, and then 5-10 over across the border.

But after I got home and showered, my BF and I went back out. The night prior he took me out for ice cream, so this night I took him out for ice cream too ... after we finished, we saw a cop with his lights on ahead of us, but he finished up whatever and merged back into traffic...

And on the way home (went to walmart after ice cream... tomorrow is pot-luck-day at work. i'm making hot chili (yes i'll put a warning up)). i think it was the same cop... I managed to pull up along side him and pass him by... but only because he had been sitting at a red light, and it had turned green before i had to slow down much.

Anyway, he rode in my blind spot for a little bit (on my right) and suddenly the light ahead went to yellow... split second decision - race the yellow or hit the brakes a little hard. I chose the brakes.

Good call. His lights came on and he pulled out in front of me and took a wide u-turn around my lane and sped off down the road... Apparently someone else had made the other choice and chanced the yellow / red... and got pulled over.

BF: yeah he's out looking for action.

All I could think was, "Ha ha, copper, you can't catch me!"
    But I say this in fun of course.

Yeah, passing a cop = bad. Once, we were on a highway, and Hub's decided to pass the whole line of cars ahead of us....turns out the car ahead was a cop. He was nice...knocked it down to 19 over so it wouldn't be a felony. Yeah...don't pass a cop...
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

well the one cop i passed tonight was ok... i passed him doing like 25-30 in a 35 zone.
      he just had a slower start-up cos of the red light.

but i also think he was riding my blind spot to check my speed. which is why i kept it as close to 35 as possible

Comment

Kind of funny how when most people are either following a cop or a cop is behind them then they suddenly turn into the best drivers in the world...lol.

Comment

i love it 'round here. cops can have a twisted sense of humor when they are bored. they hop on the highway and ride 10k UNDER the speed limit. noone will pass them for fear of getting ticketed. i blow by them at the speed limit, and they wave or are too busy laughing at everyone else that starts to pass, sees the cop and dives back behind them in the slow lane.

please no debates on the cops being sucky for this. they are driving an acceptable speed under the limit. just noone else realizes that passing a cop while not speeding isnt illegal. haha.
          Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
            please no debates on the cops being sucky for this. they are driving an acceptable speed under the limit. just noone else realizes that passing a cop while not speeding isnt illegal. haha.
            I see that as a pretty awesome practical joke. No penalty to people who don't break the rules but sill pass them, while having a little fun at the expense of the people who are so scared that they won't even pass the cop at the speed limit.

But maybe I'm just evil. Hubby can't have a monopoly on the evil in this family, after all.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I actually have no problem passing cops. I just don't do it going more than five over the speed limit. Cops aren't going to pull you over for doing 5 over on a highway.

My lucky time was when my rear-view mirror on my windshield fell off while driving. Was on a highway on my way home and I passed a cop. It was pretty obviously not on and I watched the cop pull out into traffic. Traffic worked out in my favor and I was able to get beyond the traffic faster than he was without having to drive insanely fast or weaving between lanes.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                Kind of funny how when most people are either following a cop or a cop is behind them then they suddenly turn into the best drivers in the world...lol.
                Even better...are the ones who freak out over *transit* cops. They'll see a Port Authority, or a Housing Authority, or even a city school officer...and suddenly we're doing 25mph under the speed limit. I can understand being cautious if approaching them from behind--all 3 agencies use white Crown Vics--but once you see that it's not a city cop, put your foot down!
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

no problem here either. i just don't wanna be the one getting the ticket, and i think they were just looking harder for people to ticket that weekend.

and normally i don't speed much... 5 over on the normal roads, 10 over on the highways. although at night i can see why a cop might not like it... but i think with the first cop he was pulling aside not to give me a ticket but to tail me to see if I was going fast enough to ticket me...
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 08-09-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X