This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The proper parking method

I commute, but just because I choose not to drive, that doesn't stop me from seeing utter magic everywhere I go. I think my favorite maneuver to date is this superior specimen whom I shall now relate, for your reading pleasure. I'm certain that none of you will really be shocked by it, though.

In the mornings and the evenings I walk through a parking lot, and there are lamp posts positioned throughout the area with bright street lamps hanging high overhead. Lamps similar to this picture that I found on flickr, as in how they are positioned in the lot on cement bottoms with parking spaces surrounding them.

Mr. Knows How To Park decided that the correct way to maneuver into one of the above mentioned spaces was to pull in until he hit the cement pillar. And I don't mean just tapping it. I mean the bumper bent around it. Then he got out and continue on with his day as normal. He didn't even look startled. I'm half sure he didn't even notice that he'd hit it. And I wish I'd had a camera to record it, because it was just too surreal. He didn't even leave in a hurry or anything; he just parked got out of the car, opened the back seat door, casually collected his things, shut the door, and walked away while hitting the automatic lock button.

So, there you are, ladies and gents. Apparently my driving instructor never covered the proper Successful Business Man parking method. I'm jealous.

Huh. I have noticed that a lot of the elderly people where I live park in a similar method; they pull forward by inches until their bumper taps the curb/sign/divider/etc. and then they stop; sometimes pulling back an inch, sometimes still kissing the object. The fronts of their cars look pretty rough.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
      they pull forward by inches until their bumper taps the curb/sign/divider/etc. and then they stop; sometimes pulling back an inch, sometimes still kissing the object. The fronts of their cars look pretty rough.
      I used to have to do that backing into parking spaces in the multi-storey in the town where I used to live. If you didn't, there was an even chance you'd come back & find someone had broken into your boot to see if there was anything worth knicking.
      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Working...
      X