X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's not a driving lane...

This person was clearly very lost.

Here is a picture of the intersection in question, courtesy of Google Street View (doesn't show up well on Satellite): http://maps.google.com/maps?q=samish...,19.1,,0,13.99

Observe how the left lane forces a turn onto the Interstate on-ramp. Beyond that, there is a wide median between the north and southbound lanes. It's not even a center turn lane, because there's nothing to turn into. It's just a median, which ends when the oncoming traffic has a left-turn-lane (which you can see if you progress northbound on that map).

This genius did a few things here. (1) At the previous intersection where there are two left-turn lanes (one leads to the Interstate, the other to the continous right lane), they turned from the outer lane to the inner one. (2) They did not turn onto the Interstate, but went straight ahead into the median, and drove down it. (3) When they encountered oncoming traffic in the oncoming turn lane, only then did they move over. (4) They then did a U-turn to go back the way they came.

It's not too unusual to see people stop, realize they're in a left-hand turn-only lane, and then move over to the right. It's also not unusual for people to blow past that turn, quickly realize they're in a median and not a lane, and quickly move over. But to go an entire block without realizing you're not in a driving lane? That's a whole new kind of special!

Also, I probably shouldn't say this, but if you pan left just a bit and see the building with the green roof? I will go out and wave at you when I'm at work. What, Google Street View doesn't work like that? Well damn.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
Working...
X