X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a very petty person...

... but this made my morning.

Two lane highway with lights. Stopped at light one, w/ Immainnahurry behind me. Light turns green, and I start out. Not quickly enough for Imma apparently, who guns it, passes me on the right, pulls back in front of me, and rockets to the next light. Which is red.
    I eventually (20 seconds? Maybe 30?) pull up behind him and await the left turn arrow. When it turns Imma pulls away Fast & Furious, no longer impeded by little ol' me. He pulls into the right lane, then stops for a red light on the cross street.
    I eventually pull up behind him.
    Traffic clears and he makes his right, then pulls into the left lane to turn into Mickey D's, where he has to wait for oncoming traffic.
    I eventually pull up behind him.
    There's a large enough gap that we pull into McDonalds together. He chooses the closest drive-thru lane so I take the outer one. After all his revving and speeding over a distance of at most a mile, we are now at the speakers at the same time.
    I'm just grabbing a coffee for my wife. I order and am told to pull up to the window. I do so at parking lot speed, passing directly in front of Imma, grab my coffee and head on my merry way.

Sorry Imma. Better luck next time!

This coincidence of Car-ma will likely never play out so perfectly again but I suspect just this one instance will assuage any minor road rage flare ups I might be tempted into for a LONG time to come.

This happens to me all the time, actually. I see people racing around and meet them at the next light or passing lane or destination. Never really seems to save them time just burns gas, dont think they ever will figure that out though

Comment

They must enjoy spending more on gas, tires, and brakes. Racing to red lights, stomping the brakes, taking off as fast as possible........
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Some people require 400 HP to do their head-banging...
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth 50 mission cap View Post
          This happens to me all the time, actually. I see people racing around and meet them at the next light or passing lane or destination. Never really seems to save them time just burns gas, dont think they ever will figure that out though
          The time they're saving while driving like an asshole...is only a few seconds. I've had people blow past me on the highway, only for me to pull up next to them at the next traffic light. Even better, are the ones who blow past me...only to run into speed traps. Seriously? Was saving a few seconds really worth the $200 fine? If so, I have some beachfront property in Harrisburg you might be interested in
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Did you give Imma a little smile & a wave?
            "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

I usually blow kisses when this happens... which is a lot. Even better? I'm a cyclist

(I'm obeying traffic laws to the letter, by the way. Some drivers just do not understand that city driving patterns are not in their favour, and a bike can quite easily keep up when it's 30-40kph and lots of stop lights. In fact, bike cruising speed is usually just about perfect for timing a series of lights, so I usually catch up to the same driver at 3 lights in a row on my morning commute. That's quite fun!)

Comment

I get that too, I've never understood it. Why do 40 in a 25pmh zone, for three whole seconds, just so you can reach the red light one car ahead of me...? If I'm changing lanes (because I'm gong "thru" rather than turning, chances are that I will PASS you and be home before you catch the turn signal ~_~
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

@greek_jester: No, I tried to be the bigger person. No sense in capitalizing on their fail.

@Buglady: I used to get to do this all the time in the city. (I've bike commuted my whole life.) but things are too spread out here unfortunately. It is a fun feeling to pull up to them again and again.

@EricKei: I kinda understand moving faster than traffic. If I'm running very late for an appointment of some sort, making an extra light or two by going faster CAN make a difference. In this case, not so much.

Comment

sms - If you're gonna make the light, sure The ones that do it to me almost invariably do so when the light we're about to reach is *already red*, with other cars stacked ahead of us.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I see this all the time, mostly on a very, very busy main drag through the main part of the city. Stoplights all the way down the street, bumper to bumper traffic, pedestrians, lanes closed to roadwork, and a thirty five mile an hour limit.

Really, I always wonder what they think they are going to gain by doing this?

I've seen them dodge in and out of traffic because they just cannot, willnot be patient, and eventually end up BEHIND ME because I simply stayed in my lane and was patient and just went with the flow of traffic.

Comment

I love the people who jump into the lane next to me at a light, because they don't want to be impeded by me or anyone else in line, and gun it when the light turns green, just to get back into MY lane. I always hope and pray when people do that, their lane will end or become a turn lane only.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
                          I usually blow kisses when this happens... which is a lot. Even better? I'm a cyclist

(I'm obeying traffic laws to the letter, by the way. Some drivers just do not understand that city driving patterns are not in their favour, and a bike can quite easily keep up when it's 30-40kph and lots of stop lights. In fact, bike cruising speed is usually just about perfect for timing a series of lights, so I usually catch up to the same driver at 3 lights in a row on my morning commute. That's quite fun!)
                          reminds me of the opening scene in Office Space with the walker

Comment

Working...
                          X