Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't care! It's MY F'ING PARKING SPACE!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost certain I will come home tomorrow to my parking spot being taken up by someone's friend or family member.

Today, while I was packing up and getting ready for the day's travels and tribulations, on one of my smoke break, I saw the baby mama downstairs have two seperate visitors with two seperate vehicles, one parked in her spot, the other parked in my neighbor's spot. The person asked if it was ok, and baby mama said "Yes." No, dumbass, THEY CAN'T PARK IN OTHER PEOPLE'S SPOTS.

If any of her dumb family is there in my spot tomorrow, I'm going to be pissed.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      Some, even have the balls to park *in* someone's driveway
      What?! I'm not sure why I'm so amazed by this, but still...

If anyone parked in my driveway, I'd be beyond pissed.
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth AtDIelement View Post
        What?! I'm not sure why I'm so amazed by this, but still...

If anyone parked in my driveway, I'd be beyond pissed.
        I wasn't too impressed during one local festival to turn into the driveway, and find it occupied by a car I didn't recognize, and no one else home.
        I parked blocking them in and sat on the trunk of my car watching the parade and festival at the intersection.

The car turned out to belong to a family friend I hadn't seen in several years and no one had thought to call me on my cell to let me know about it.

Comment

This has reminded me of when we lived in a house with a driveway that adjoined the neighbour's driveway. There was no dividing wall or fence as it would have prevented entry/exit from the vehicle on that side, so there was a nodding agreement that we could walk on the other's property if required; our neighbour went further & said that if we ever needed to park on his driveway then that was fine, as he had no vehicle of his own anyway. We smiled & nodded, and never did so nor expected to do so as there was plenty of roadspace - we had 3 vehicles attached to our property & the drive was only big enough for one at a time.

What wasn't realised initially was that our neighbour expected this to be a reciprocal agreement, and so one day I came home to find some unknown vehicle in our driveway. Fortunately someone was in attendance (a guest of our neighbour, as it transpired) so I was able to get things straightened away, and the car was moved onto the appropriate drive. We never did find out why they didn't just park on the still-unoccupied driveway they had title to, rather than ours!
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

We contacted the estate agents, who passed on our email to the management company. They said in reply that they cannot do anything if it's just our complaint; they can only act if they have a letter from our landlords.

...Who are a couple of rich twats who live in Portugal and couldn't care less.

:sigh:

It wouldn't have bothered me as much if they had been apologetic and explained they had had a few difficulties. It was just their sheer abrasive entitled arrogance - 'YOU don't have kids, therefore YOU are second in line to me and my POS buggy and I can park in YOUR spot' - that got to me and makes me wish I was a lesser person so I could get away with pouring bleach onto and into that thing. But I'm not, so I won't. It's also just annoying that there's practically nothing we can do.
            "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Do you have any friends with big cars & strong towropes? I've got 240bhp & 320lb/ft to get people out of my way now...
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I hate jackass parking space thieves .... though I have no plans to move into an apartment at this point in time, I get a handicap sign for my parking space if I do move. I can and will have people towed

My friend Tara absolutely trashed her ankle a few years ago [to the point of plates and screws and appallingly surgical stuff] and her apartment complex [who doesn't have assigned parking] actually put up a handicapped sign on the parking space that was the most optimal for her to use for the duration.
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Clicky (Dailymotion vid). Go to about 4:12.

Not y3k compatible

Comment

Gawd I love the Marauder. That's my ideal zombie apocalypse vehicle.

We used to have myriad parking woes at our old complex. One night I'd had ENOUGH and lost it a little bit. Lots of horn honking, yelling and stomping later these two drag queens come out of an adjacent building, one screaming at the other (who had parked in my spot) and says to me "That stupid b*tch couldn't follow directions if they were stapled to her face." Turns out they were dying their hair, getting ready for PRIDE the next morning. They were so sassy and fun I just couldn't be mad anymore.

Comment

When we lived in Post housing our neighbors used to park in our spot all the time. Now, it was an 8-plex, lettered with a spare space on each side (total of 10 marked spots) along with parking available along the play area in the middle. Since it was lower enlisted housing, most only had one vehicle. We told them time and again that their friends cannot park in our spot, and we'd move them in they didn't. We actually had tow chains hooked up to their truck and our diesel, set to go. MP's didn't have a problem with it either, just told us not to leave it blocking traffic.

Comment

If only these were cheaper...

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...+wheel-dollies

Comment

In my old apartment building they have a good-sized "underground" parking that probably has a good 300 or so spaces.

But because they charge about $50 a month for them (and many of the residents are, like myself, on the low end of the pay scale) the most spaces I've ever seen filled are around 50%. Seems to me they might get more people using them if they drop the price by $10 or so, but that's neither here nor there.

Anyway... I come home one night and find some idiot has parked his crotch rocket (read: Japanese motorcycle) in my spot. Figures. There's probably 200 other empty spaces with no owner, and this idiot picks my exact spot.

I basically dragged his motorcycle a couple of spots over. I used to ride myself so I didn't want to damage the guy's ride, even a piece of crap like he had. But his tires did leave some nice black drag marks on the ground.

Wouldn't surprise me if the guy was too ignorant to even notice his bike had been moved. If I didn't live on the fifth floor I would have printed out one of those fake tickets from youparklikeanasshole.com and left it on his bike. Or if I was really in a mood I would have called property management and had him towed. Lucky for him there were so many empty spaces.

Comment

Happened to me once. I was visiting a friend in her apartment and when I there, I phoned him, so that I can see where he wants me to park. First time being there. I parked where he told me too. When I went to leave, I had a note on my car, telling me not to park there. Thing was, I was suppose to park there seeing as they all get two parking spots.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                              Do you have any friends with big cars & strong towropes? I've got 240bhp & 320lb/ft to get people out of my way now...
                              I've got 500 BHP and over 1800 lb/ft (it may be a CAT, but don't call it a pussy), combined with (some people don't have this part, but it's critical for traction) about 8000 pounds on the drive axles when I'm bobtailing. Towropes? Try some 5/16" grade 70 transport chain. Even with a full-size SUV like a Suburban, they're gonna move.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                                Even with a full-size SUV like a Suburban, they're gonna move.
                                But we left it in PARK/FIRST so it wouldn't move!

(So sorry about your tranny/engine)
                                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                                X