This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Truck Driver

So my mom and I were on Rt. 81 on our way to Wilkes-Barre, she was driving. The speed limit is 65mph, she was going 55mph. We were in the right hand lane of a two lane highway.

As we were passing an exit (on our right), we noticed a truck (I'm talking just slightly smaller than a tractor trailer) in the exit lane going faster than us. Since the exit speed limit was 35mph, and there was a tight curve ahead, we thought the guy was nuts.

When he continued past us AFTER the exit lane curved (he was NOT exiting) and then finished passing us in the breakdown lane, we were like what the hell.

To add insult to injury, the breakdown lane disappeared about 1/4 mile down the road due to an overpass.

Later that day we heard there was a fatal pile up that was caused by a truck driver on 81. We both wondered if it was this guy.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

I hate 81 - I take it from 78 - through Harrisburg to 15 when I got visit my mom. I like to think of it as "truck bingo" 2 lanes, many trucks. Not fun!

Comment

As a truck driver my first question is (not being familiar with that area) does that exit lane feed off of a merge lane? In otherwords was he coming off of another road and wasn't able to move left before it became an exit lane?

Comment

I've driven I-81 up around Scranton. To paraphrase Yoda... "Sucks balls, it does." Seriously though I was so happy to get off that road as soon as I crossed over into NY. Nearby I-80 might be boring to drive, but it's much less dangerous!
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X