This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OW!

The boyfriend and I were driving to *owes to get some lumber. So I had my SUV hooked-up with a little 10ft trailer like this:

It was hooked up to my brake lights and everything. I stop at a red light behind a few other cars. I'm stopped, talking with the BF, when

Whump! Whole car shakes!

I look behind me and realize how close this guy in a large Ford Company-style van is. Yup, he hit the trailer. And he was on his cell phone.

I signal and he followed me to the closest parking lot. The boyfriend checks the back of the trailer, undercarriage of the car, and the hitch. Guy in the truck looks embarrassed and said he was just drifting forward and didn't even notice the trailer because it sits so low (he couldn't see it over the hood of the van) and he actually thought HE had been hit until he saw me yelling! Boyfriend and I agree nothing is damaged (Guy's van's front decorative plate was bent), but I did tell the guy how I had been about to kill him if there had been! Guy apologized again and we all left.

If the guy hadn't been drifting and hadn't noticed the trailer, it would have been worse I think. While at the Store I bought those driveway reflector stakes that I'm going to attach to each corner of the trailer and put flags on.

Gawds.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Uh, if he was so close to your car that he couldn't see the trailer over the front of his own car, he was tailgating the FRACK out of you, dangerously so!

I'm glad nothing of yours was damaged but GAWD, really?
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

One time I got backed into by a guy with a huge truck. He started to back up and didn't see my Cavalier until he noticed the Red Wings flag flying. Fortunately he fessed up because if the accident is in someone's rear it is pretty much your fault regardless.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
        One time I got backed into by a guy with a huge truck. He started to back up and didn't see my Cavalier until he noticed the Red Wings flag flying. Fortunately he fessed up because if the accident is in someone's rear it is pretty much your fault regardless.
        Last week we had this little old lady in a huge F250 CRUSH the side of a little thunderbird. The thunderbird was waiting in line to exit the lot when the F250 came cruising out from a row of vehicles perpendicular to the road the thunderbird was on; she never even saw the thunderbird because of how high the hood of the truck was. Side of that car was GONE and it was not even at 15mph. One little broken front light on the F250.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

What does "drifting" mean in this story? As in, he had a manual transmission and was just sliding forward, thinking it was fine? If so, I absolutely hate when people with sticks do that.

Drifting to me usually means when people are trying to play GTA with their piece of shit rice burners and go flying round and round like it's a race track, lol.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            What does "drifting" mean in this story? As in, he had a manual transmission and was just sliding forward, thinking it was fine? If so, I absolutely hate when people with sticks do that.

Drifting to me usually means when people are trying to play GTA with their piece of shit rice burners and go flying round and round like it's a race track, lol.
            I think another term for it is "rolling" or "inching" or "creeping." Automatic transmissions do this, where as soon as you pull your foot off the break your car is rolling forward despite not applying any gas.
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
              Not if the person who was hit in the rear of the car had their car in reverse. Sometimes, that will make the car that was in reverse automatically at fault.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Oops, sorry. It's exactly what Ambrosia said; he was just sort of inching forward until the light changed because he thought he had more room between him and me due to not seeing the trailer.

Comment

Oh, I gotcha. He was inching. Like my dad constantly does. Because he thinks it will make the light turn green or the arrow come faster.

LOL.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    Oh, I gotcha. He was inching. Like my dad constantly does. Because he thinks it will make the light turn green or the arrow come faster.

LOL.
                    I'm of the opinion that people do it because it magically makes them not late to wherever they are going so they think they have time to stop for a coffee and a danish.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Scoot scoot scoooootle....

Comment

Working...
                      X