Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the turn lane is there for a reason. Promise. Really.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the turn lane is there for a reason. Promise. Really.

And that goes double when your turn is another block and a half down the road. So you don't need to come to a complete, apparently intimidated stop in the middle lane next to the turn lane because there's another car there, light flashing to turn in the opposite direction. It took him three minutes to decide he could in fact drive four feet and get in the turn lane there and still turn. I'd have gone around but this street is a 'get in the lane you're wanting to turn in, cause you're not getting out of it for at least ten minutes.' kinda place
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

And lemme guess -said turn lane comes complete with arrows pointing in each direction indicating it can be used by both sides of the street?

An associated pet peeve of mine is the people who leave the rear of their car hanging out. Using the turn lane is pointless if I have to stop anyway 'cause three feet of your car is still in my lane dimbulb!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post

An associated pet peeve of mine is the people who leave the rear of their car hanging out. Using the turn lane is pointless if I have to stop anyway 'cause three feet of your car is still in my lane dimbulb!
      That's just as bad as those who are waiting to turn out into the road (usually from a shopping center or other business) and have the front end of their car sitting OUT IN THE ROADWAY!!! Which in turn makes everyone in that lane have to swerve around them just to pass them!!!

Go ahead, stick it out there Stupid and somebody just may come flying by and knock the front end of your car off.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        And lemme guess -said turn lane comes complete with arrows pointing in each direction indicating it can be used by both sides of the street?
        Rodger that. And going on for about a 3 mile stretch as well

Quoth sms001 View Post
        Ugh, yes. We have a spot where that's pretty much guaranteed spot for that to happen on my way to work right now, since the ever present construction has created a bizarre lane that doesn't have any decent spot to turn without essentially going broadsides to oncoming or the street you're leaving.
        Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
        Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
        -Unknown Author

Comment

and then you have the ones who think "oh a turning lane!! i have to turn left 2 blocks down, i'll just go ahead and speed down this turning lane to turn because nobody else should be making a left turn before i get there! Joy!!" like it's their private lane and nobody else should use it. wait in line like everyone else because there's probably a couple or three ahead of you who were planning on turning left there too!
          there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth AyreBiskits View Post
            and then you have the ones who think "oh a turning lane!! i have to turn left 2 blocks down, i'll just go ahead and speed down this turning lane to turn because nobody else should be making a left turn before i get there! Joy!!" like it's their private lane and nobody else should use it. wait in line like everyone else because there's probably a couple or three ahead of you who were planning on turning left there too!
            Especially fun if it's a 2-way left turn lane. Karma is when someone coming the other direction and wanting to turn left pulls into the lane, blocking them.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X