This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surveys

I hate how one piss ant, cry baby customer gets to dictates what happens in my store. Thank you to all the assholes who take to survey while the "good customers" can't be bothered. The lower our score, the fewer hours we get. So those who are upset that there are not enough employees on the floor, keep bitchin' are there'll be even less of us.

One survey taker gave us a 3 because "many children of other customers were running amok in the store" Really! REALLY!! It's our fault that customers' children were running amok. And who the fuck uses the word "amok"?

But the one that really got my goat was the shithead who gave us all 1s and wrote "La" in the comment section. If you're going to fuck us over that badly, have to balls to tell us why, "La" is just salt in the goddamn wound. Jackass.
    Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

"You're the nicest evil person I know" one of my managers to me

I'm sorry but why didn't your higher-ups have half a brain to disregard that second one? Really? Me, I'd look at it and think oh it's not legit and toss it into the trash. As for the one about the kids...Really? I'm pretty sure the sign above the door doesn't have "babysitting" anywhere in it.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

[QUOTE=worddork;1133337 The lower our score, the fewer hours we get. So those who are upset that there are not enough employees on the floor, keep bitchin' are there'll be even less of us.

So employee hours are cut because of petty complaints. Then the customers will complain because there are not enough employees. It never ends.

Comment

The one complaining about the kids running around is probably one of the offenders who can't be bothered to supervise their own kids.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm sorry, do you work at my store? Most of our complaints are that no salesfloor people can be found. But it's not our store's fault. It's the district that sets our payroll. And there was one a couple of months ago, filled out from a transaction at our store, that stated "I think the [City 30 miles from us] store is great." Yeah, thanks for that.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth worddork View Post
            And who the fuck uses the word "amok"?
            I do, started using it after watching "Hocus Pocus"*

*link goes to clip
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              I do, started using it after watching "Hocus Pocus"*

*link goes to clip
              I realized most people use that word, it just threw me for a loop that one of my store's customers was smart enough to use it correctly. Most couldn't define "amok" if I gave them a dictionary with only "amok" in it, and a 2 hour time limit.

These are to same breed of people who don't understand the "one coupon per customer, per day" rule written on every coupon we issue.
              Is it insanity to reason with the voices in your head or to ignore them and hope they go away on their own? - Hod from Brat-halla

Comment

Quoth worddork View Post
                The lower our score, the fewer hours we get. So those who are upset that there are not enough employees on the floor, keep bitchin' are there'll be even less of us.
                That's got to be the most ass-backwards thing I've ever heard. The store is obviously struggling to meet customer expectations, so they give you fewer resources to work with?

I used to be responsible for going through our store's survey results when I ran Jack in the Box and it was just plain impossible to please people. I did always get a chuckle when I listened to the comments people had left about things we obviously had no power over - we got a complaint once that there were too many birds in the parking lot. I jokingly told one of the crew members who was listening in with me to get a BB gun and start shooting at the birds.

Comment

1. I'll bet the numerical results of the surveys are fed into a computer, with the comments stripped away, to give the store a numerical score so corporate can say "store A's customers are X% more satisfied than store B's customers."

Then they can use that information to send a snippy memo to store B telling them to work on their customer service.

The comments are probably added back in on the report that shows the scores. IOW there's no way to filter out the phony surveys.

2. Bad customer service survey scores result in fewer people to help customers? Now there's thinking.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    2. Bad customer service survey scores result in fewer people to help customers? Now there's thinking.
                    Now now now, who accused the home office of thinking? If they were thinking they never would have started giving out surveys for the customers to fill out.

Comment

In my experience its rare that anyone that is happy is going to take the time to tell anyone. Especially when it comes to survey cards. Got to love that corporate nonsense.

Comment

Wouldn't it be a beautiful world if employees were given a survey about corporate, and low score would cut executive bonuses?
                        Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

barainga -- Ahh, but you don't understand. Corporate KNOWS that every single customer fills out a survey card. After all, they tell the workers to ask every customer to fill one out, so, therefore, every custy must be be doing so. Any variation from this is, of course, the worker's fault somehow. ~_~
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            barainga -- Ahh, but you don't understand. Corporate KNOWS that every single customer fills out a survey card. After all, they tell the workers to ask every customer to fill one out, so, therefore, every custy must be be doing so. Any variation from this is, of course, the worker's fault somehow. ~_~
                            Our scores would be higher if every customer were given a survey, however they get printed every 5th customer or so. So I could have four great customers (don't laugh, there are a few) then get a customer who comes to me pre-pissed off and they get the survey.

In fact that happened a few months ago, she sent her 11 yo son in to buy spray pant, big no no, customers must be 18 or older to buy spray pant, so CW no him to go get his mother. Momma was not happy to be "made to come in to buy the supplies for his stupid project" her words. Of course she got a survey. I could have kissed her ass on main street and given her an hour to gather a crowd and she still would have been pissed.

Comment

I think part of the problem is that the actual word "survey" makes people think of something along the lines of THIS.

Sometimes, when it is slower at my call center, people who have been trained will have to do "new customer" outbound survey calls. After thanking them for their recent order, I ask if they "have a moment to answer a few quick questions about their shopping experience" and I would say over 90% either take the survey or say they are busy at the moment and ask to be called back. A person who sits behind me asks instead if they "want to take a survey" and from what I can overhear, maybe a third of the people she talks to will do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X