This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you telling ME this?

Today I get a call from a pharmacy. You would figure that pharmacists or their assistants would know how to electronically submit a claim with any type of drug card (we offer plastic cards but a paper card can be used just as well). Not today.

SP: Stupid Pharmacist
    Me: Hey!

Me: Jenn speaking

SP: Yes, I’m calling from a pharmacy and we have a claimant who has a paper card not plastic so we can't submit this claim

Me: Well the paper card can be used in place of a plastic card.

SP: But we can’t scan a paper card

Me: Isn’t there a way to manually input the information? The plan number and ID is on the paper card just like a plastic card

SP: But there is no name of who to bill to

Me: What’s the plan number?

SP: *gives plan number*

Me: That’s ABC Company

SP: Oh well you have the form to get a plastic card?

Me: There is no form to get a plastic card. The claimant will have to go to their employer to have a card ordered

SP: Oh but we can’t submit this claim without a plastic card

Me: *at this point methinks this SP is new and doesn’t know how to manually input a claim so as this is going nowhere* How was it that I could help you?

SP: We need a plastic card

Me: I can’t provide you with a plastic card

SP: You have a form?

Me: There is no form to get a plastic card

SP: How will this work then?

Me: If you can’t manually input the card information, the claimant can pay for the claim and then submit it to his employer

SP: Oh he needs to go to his employer?

Me: Yes

SP: So this claim won’t go through

Me: I think this is something you need to tell the claimant

SP: Oh ok. Thank you.

If our paper cards didn’t work as well as our plastic cards, we would not give them out. And if you can’t figure out how to do something, ask someone!!

I'd hate to be the on the customer end of that conversation, or even the insurance company when the actual customer gets told this by the pharmacist who can't figure anything out. Apparently there are monkeys pressing buttons in pharmacy too!

Comment

Sounds like the pharmacist was sampling the drugs, not dispensing them.

Comment

Working...
      X