This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few little things that irk me

Was going through some of our complaints online. Not one, but two people complained that their room wasn't ready when they arrived and we should have rooms ready for reservations when they came in.

I looked up when they tried to check-in. One showed up at 1:45pm. The other at 11:45am.

And today we had a bus driver wanting to check-in at 8:30am. "But I have a confirmation number!" she protested. Yes, and I have a room for you...for tonight.

I should note that we've been selling out every night lately, and that our check-out isn't until noon. Also there were not any notes on either that they wanted an early check-in. (While we don't have a set check-in time here, most places have 3-4pm check-ins and those are the times I advise people when they make reservations.)

Another guest complained that no one informed of the highway noise when he made the reservation and he didn't know he would have a highway-side room until he got to the check-in. I looked him up too. He booked online. I guess the computer was supposed to magically tell him?

We had a guaranteed no-show a couple nights ago. The guest for that reservation showed up at 3am last night. He pulled out his printed reservation...which clearly showed the check-in date from the night before. He blamed the website he booked through for the error. Because those websites always change around the dates on their own. (He was also upset that the 3rd party website booked him at a higher rate than what we would have charged if he had booked directly with us.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

I don't get that at all

I recently showed up a little early at the hotel, and when told the room wasn't quite ready, said 'Thats ok, I'll go get a bite to eat'.

On my return my wife and I were mysteriously upgraded....I'm wondering if it was the 'not being an asshole' benefit I get....
    How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

^Why yes, yes it is.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth TimmyHate View Post
        I don't get that at all

I recently showed up a little early at the hotel, and when told the room wasn't quite ready, said 'Thats ok, I'll go get a bite to eat'.

On my return my wife and I were mysteriously upgraded....I'm wondering if it was the 'not being an asshole' benefit I get....
        I had that happen several times when I played road warrior for Y2K. My afternoopn flight got in a little early (surprise there) and traffic was "light" in the Los Angeles race/bumper car highway system. I arrived an hour earlier than I thought I would. The hotel told me the room would be ready in about an hour so I hopped accross the street to a Carl's Jr and had lunch.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I ditto the above.

"Do you have somewhere I can put my luggage? Oh wonderful, thank you! Where's a good place to have lunch? Excellent - you're so kind."

I've never been to a hotel that didn't have baggage storage behind the counter somewhere; and I've yet to find a hotel clerk who wasn't happy to either suggest a place to eat, or call over a co-worker to do the same.

Those, or if I'm physically beat, a place to sit/lounge and peacefully read, are all I'm after most of the time. (Because of the fibro, sometimes I wind up falling asleep when I think I'm going to read - even then, if I fall asleep in the hotel lobby, at least I'm a peaceful guest, I guess?)
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I should note that we've been selling out every night lately, and that our check-out isn't until noon. Also there were not any notes on either that they wanted an early check-in. (While we don't have a set check-in time here, most places have 3-4pm check-ins and those are the times I advise people when they make reservations.)
            so pretty much the room the driver wanted was still occupied? And they don't understand why they can't get in yet?

Comment

Working...
            X