X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry ma'am he was mistaken

Little bit of cursing out coworkers.

So first she calls in with an item and I start the order. Then she thinking about some wallets, but wants me to hang on the line while she has a good think about it. Sorry, no can do. I can't have dead air.

"Well the man I spoke to earlier let me". (I hate this person now)I told her that I have to keep the call going. So I pull up the wallets she was thinking of and tell her about them. That takes forever because she is hemming and hawing about. She finally picks the style she wants, but then has to think about the colors. Right now I am getting the wrap it up signal that I need to help other people, and she decides to skip the wallets. :banghead

So I pull her total for the orginal item and tell her total.
    "No that isn't right, what is the total"
    I repeat myself
    "How, the item is on $Y, why are telling my it costs $X?"
    I tell her that it includes shipping and tax.
    "No, I get freeshipping, the man earlier told me I would"
    I then tell her the last agent was mistaken, the order he did for did in fact have free shipping, but he was mistaken to tell her that all the items in the collection would also ship free, the most she would have gotten off would have been half off, but that discount doesn't apply to what she was buying.
    Then she told me that I needed to check with someone because he told her.
    Cue me again telling her that he was mistaken, that our system automatically deducts the discounts she would be entitled to, the item doesn't have free shipping by itself and doesn't get free shipping for ordering what she already bought.
    It was a bit of wash rinse and repeat. Ended up being a 22 min call, but she bought the item. I want to find "the man from my last order" and smack him.
    The angels have the phone box.

He's in the lunchroom with "all the other stores."

Comment

He probably doesn't exist. Or she only heard what she wanted to hear...yeah, actually, that sounds about right.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        He's in the lunchroom with "all the other stores."
        Or in the mystical vortex that is 'in the back room' restocking all of the not in stock items.

Comment

cam - Is that anything like the "Beyond" at "Bed Bath and..."?
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            He probably doesn't exist. Or she only heard what she wanted to hear...yeah, actually, that sounds about right.
            That's a good point. She might just be saying that to try to weasel her way into extra discounts. Or she might be confusing the site with another ordering site.

or the "last time" she ordered she may have gotten items that qualified so she started thinking all items did or something like that

Comment

Working...
            X