• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pair of Quick Ones

Ruination!

I ruined a student's day!

How do I know? He told me so!

He said: "Thanks for ruining my day! Guess this is my graduation gift huh?"

Well, you're half-right, you can consider this a gift, but I certainly don't see how it's my fault you chose not to pay that parking meter and suffered the consequences. It's not my job to pay YOUR parking meter when YOUR car parks there.

Must be an interesting existence, viewing the world in a way that actually makes it MY fault that you didn't do something. Maybe he sees the world like how you used to be able to look at the negatives from a roll of camera film and wonder who all those strange blue-skinned and white-eyed people were in those pictures, because they do look a little bit like you but clearly aren't? ...

And if that "ruined" your life, man, I'd hate to see you face some REAL adversity, your fragile psyche might come apart at the slightest touch like a discount yard sale television set.

Got another one later in the day for excessive unpaid parking tickets going all the way back to 2010, probably his freshman year. He was quite upset that I got him on his last day in town, by his account, it was literally 10 minutes from leaving when he got the hook. And, naturally, none of those tickets on his tab had been paid, so they were all charged at the delinquent rate of $50 each, instead of the $15 they were when issued.

ProTip: Don't put your 4-way flashers on at a parking meter you didn't pay, that just gets my attention as easily as a pink neon sign with chase lights that says "SCOFFLAW HERE".

Total bill for his misadventure? $285, for want of $1.25 worth of quarters.

Hope he isn't graduating with a business degree, or we're all doomed.

Notice: Impending Fraud Failure

Either the "2" on that permit evolved and grew a tail, or you tried to change it into a "3" and thereby make a 2012 permit valid again for 2013. I'm guessing the later since that's much more plausible. By the way:

You did notice that the lower part of that alleged "3" was hanging wayyyyy below the line that the rest of those numbers were written on, right? Right?

And, I hate to be the one to break this to you, Einstein, but you did happen to notice that the 2013 permits are Vending-Machine-Cheese-Crackers-Orange, and the 2012's are Safety-Vest lime green? Right?

And the majority of that lime green color had been bleached out of it long ago by days upon days sitting on the dashboard of the car and soaking up the sun, so it appeared white at first glance which only got my attention quicker. You did notice that? Right?

Well, from the size of some of those dents on that car, and the fact the entire rear bumper was missing, I get the feeling you don't notice things until you've run into them. Wonder how long it will be before you notice the car's not where you left it?

P.S. Storage is $35 per 24 hour increment Spanky, so try to notice it sooner rather than later.
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    Total bill for his misadventure? $285, for want of $1.25 worth of quarters.
    Reminds me of the poem "For Want of a Horseshoe Nail". Or at least I think that's the name...

Anyways, idiot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
      Reminds me of the poem "For Want of a Horseshoe Nail". Or at least I think that's the name...

Anyways, idiot.

Reminds me of a Dads Army line "For want of a shoe the horse got nailed."
      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Argabarga, your posts always crack me up. Keep 'em coming!
        Proud Oath Keeper and 3 Percenter!

Comment

Must be an interesting existence, viewing the world in a way that actually makes it MY fault that you didn't do something.
          This would be a good sig for you.

Comment

If the University there is like the one I graduated from, they wont give you your degree if you have unpaid parking tickets.

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post

Anyways, idiot.

It's just "For Want of a Nail." Still one of my favorites.

For want of a nail, the shoe was lost.
              For want of a shoe, the horse was lost.
              For want of a horse, the rider was lost.
              For want of a rider, the message was lost.
              For want of a message, the battle was lost.
              For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost.
              And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.
              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

It's my understanding that they withold the degree if you have unpaid parking tickets FROM PARKING ON UNIVERSITY PROPERTY. If the tickets were from elsewhere in town (i.e. park without a visitor permit when partying at a friend's off-campus apartment), the university doesn't care, because THEY'RE not the ones who haven't been paid.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It'd be nice if they did extend the favor to everyone. Especially when I know that a car I drive past everyday is wanted by one of our customers for illegal parking in their lots and not paying the tickets, but I can't take him because he's in his "home" lot at the moment.
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Argabarga, it's appropriate that you mentioned quarters because all three of these drivers have their heads up their tails.

First guy should have fed the meter enough to remain parked. Second guy should have paid his fines on time, and should have fed the meter to park. Third guy was trying to cheat the system because he's cheap.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Hope he isn't graduating with a business degree, or we're all doomed.
                      Quite the contrary. I see a bright future on Wall Street for this fine young fellow.

And the majority of that lime green color had been bleached out of it long ago by days upon days sitting on the dashboard of the car and soaking up the sun, so it appeared white at first glance which only got my attention quicker. You did notice that? Right?
                      Ah, on his defense on this one . . . Recently Evil Empryss and I swapped vehicles so she could take some old carpet to the dump. I took her van to work and had to put my hang tag in her car so I could park in faculty parking. When I moved it back to my car, I noticed that one side, the one that faced me, was its normal green and white strips. The other side, that faced the sun, had bleached to teal and white stripes.

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      It's my understanding that they withold the degree if you have unpaid parking tickets FROM PARKING ON UNIVERSITY PROPERTY. If the tickets were from elsewhere in town (i.e. park without a visitor permit when partying at a friend's off-campus apartment), the university doesn't care, because THEY'RE not the ones who haven't been paid.
                      It's that way at my community college. You should see the jaws hit the floor from my students when I tell them the Chair will not send the entire classes names to the Board of Nursing if anyone owes the college any money at all.

She has solid reasons for this; sending the graduation packets to the Board so they can process applications for NCLEX is time consuming for her, and she only wants to do it once. She can't send the info out until the Registrar confirms the student's eligibility for graduation. So rather than do it piece meal, she waits until she gets confirmation on every student before she sends the stuff off to the Board.

So, one parking ticket, one overdue book can and has held up the entire class.

Now, I know this sounds unfair. It is, but the Chair didn't create the problem. The students did. And they pay up quick once they know the score.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I think

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post

So, one parking ticket, one overdue book can and has held up the entire class.

Now, I know this sounds unfair. It is, but the Chair didn't create the problem. The students did. And they pay up quick once they know the score.
                        I think you mean they pay up quick once the rest of the students in the class know the score on who is holding them back.

Comment

Working...
                        X