X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You will...OR ELSE!"

Retail memories still haunt me.......

Other than "Ima call the LAW!", anyone ever been told by a customer that you WILL do something for them, OR ELSE?

I always wanted to ask "Or else what?" or tell the moron customers that they've seen too many mob movies.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

if they say that to me, there is no way in hell they are gonna get what they want. you act like an adult, i'll treat you like one. you act like a kid, i'll treat you like a kid. not a hard concept to grasp....unless you're an SC
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
      if they say that to me, there is no way in hell they are gonna get what they want. you act like an adult, i'll treat you like one. you act like a kid, i'll treat you like a kid. not a hard concept to grasp....unless you're an SC
      I am the same way
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Yup, I had one last night.

She refused to go through our verification process and had called and spoken to several others before she got to me. She got on the line and said 'You WILL put my order through now. I need those minutes. And I'm not going through your damn verification crap, either. Put my minutes on my phone NOW, or you will deal with the consequences.'

I said 'I'm sorry, ma'am, I cannot put an order through on this account until it's been successfully verified.'

'THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! I'm already suing you people over one phone line, don't make me sue you over another one! I've had nothing but problems with you people. Either you're competent and you can put my order through, or you're incompetent and don't know what you're doing!'

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I cannot put any orders through until we can do a security verification.'

"Are you even listening to me?! I TOLD YOU that was NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! Put it through now, or get me someone who is competent, dammit! I will sue the hell out of you people!'

'Ma'am, if you continue to threaten me I will disconnect this call.'

"I AM NOT THREATENING YOU! I just want my damn minutes. What's so hard about that? GOD DAMMIT! #@%^^ $$&&*&%$###@....'

I hung up at this point.

She called back and got another person, and finally dealt with the verification, with a lot of bitching and moaning, of course. We called her bank and verified her.

the kicker?

After she was verified by the bank rep, she asked for her balance. The bank rep told her, while one of our people was on the line, that her checking account was overdrawn, which meant we had to deny her order. After all of that.

She was unbelieveably pissed.
        Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
          I'm already suing you people over one phone line, don't make me sue you over another one! I've had nothing but problems with you people.
          Uh...if the service is so bad, WHY is she still with the company?

My head hurts.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

After she was verified by the bank rep, she asked for her balance. The bank rep told her, while one of our people was on the line, that her checking account was overdrawn, which meant we had to deny her order. After all of that.

Oh god... its... so... ironic.
            I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
            "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Guess now we know why she didn't want to be verified...
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

... her checking account was overdrawn, which meant we had to deny her order. After all of that...
                I wonder if she did the same b****ing and whining speil she did with you to the bank? haha

Comment

Personally, I get amusement when people say that to me. I don't know why, it could be the fact that I am 6'2 and muscular or it could be the fact that I was a martial artist for 5 years.

The best way to deal with the "or else" folks is to look them dead in the eye and just say "So you admit that you're threatening me sir or ma'am? I'm calling the police/whoever." Usually they snap up to shape right away.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I've had plenty of those calls, and I have actually replied in a kind tone, "Or else, what, maam?" Much of the time, the customer does not look at this as actually rude. They are looking for me to either bite, or at least respond with that threat. Much of the time, the response to that is, "Or I'll have to take my business elsewhere!" or sometimes "Or I'll need to speak to your supervisor!" I don't do it to be snippy or smart. I just want to hear the rest of what they'll do if I don't do what they say I'll do.

Comment

'THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! I'm already suing you people over one phone line, don't make me sue you over another one! I've had nothing but problems with you people. Either you're competent and you can put my order through, or you're incompetent and don't know what you're doing!

"I AM NOT THREATENING YOU! I just want my damn minutes. What's so hard about that? GOD DAMMIT! #@%^^ $$&&*&%$###@....'

the kicker?

If she has an overdrawn account, meaning no money, what exactly is she using to retain a lawyer and actually sue your company with? In addition, aren't you and all the other reps competent being you're doing your job to get her verified? And, this type of call is a huge red flag being if you have someone who won't go through this process, they must be hiding something under their skirt.

Comment

I get told many times that I will return an item that is a violation of our return policy, or else they'll call customer service and report me. I say fine, here's my name, their number, and I tell them to not forget to mention that they were in the wrong. They usually huff and puff, and leave, without my name and the customer service number

Comment

Working...
                        X