This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIC Customer Without WIC ID

Yesterday, a customer had some items and a WIC Check but she didn't have her WIC ID. I told her that I needed the WIC ID and so did the supervisor when I called him over. The customer said that she left it at home and that she was a regular customer (which she was) and she was still told that she needed her WIC ID to use her WIC Check(s). She ended up buying the non WIC items and the supervisor put the WIC items back on the shelf.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Did she think that she'd get by with it because she's a regular? I love people like that. Being a regular does not mean you get to break the law--or I'm assuming that's the law. I've never worked with WIC stuff. Either way...really?
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I used to see this on occasion when I worked at Malmart. They didn't get why we couldn't do it.

Nevermind it was a verbal writeup, and a "for real" write up if you did it more than once. Lately I hear an error is an automatic firing.

Along with getting the right WIC items, I think it was that the store could lose its WIC license for you not seeing the WIC id too.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        Along with getting the right WIC items, I think it was that the store could lose its WIC license for you not seeing the WIC id too.
        This is correct. WIC is one of the programs you REALLY have to be watchful for in retail. Also can lose the license for not carrying the standard WIC items (the formulas mostly).

Comment

Working...
        X