Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes ghosts can be the worst SCs...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amanita View Post
    For a day or so after 9/11, strange things happened around the house I was living in with several roommates. Things flying around, strange noises that nobody could explain, etc.
    I had a slightly different "event" happen that day.

At the time I was working for a small company about 20 miles NE of Chicago. Our "office" was literally in someone's converted garage. Now the house and garage was setback from the road about 100 feet and was surrounded by lots of older trees.

about an hour after both towers collapsed/fell (about 10;30amish our time), I was outside smoking while comtemplating the events of that morning. All of a sudden I was hit with what I can only describe a wave of wind or energy or maybe a blast/shock wave. I was almost knocked off my feet as the "wave" passed through me. I can say for certain there was not breeze or wind at that particular time as this was my first thought but being in a grove of trees with NO leaves or branches moving ANYWHERE I ruled that out.

My best explaination is is that the "shock wave" of that many persons dying at one point in time sent some sort of energy wave around the world. It just took time to get to me.

I am somewhat aware of things. light spots/balls dancing around the living room, the tinggling sensation when something is twaping the back of my head, a sudden case of the goosebumps on a very small protion of parts of my body for no real good reason, the sensation that something is passing around or through me, the fact my dog every now and then will just stare off at something for long periods of time, and if things are real quiet I can see vague shapes (not really defined) floating around the room.
    Last edited by Ree; 07-23-2013, 09:21 AM. Reason: Trimmed excessive quote
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      My best explaination is is that the "shock wave" of that many persons dying at one point in time sent some sort of energy wave around the world. It just took time to get to me.
      In other words, you felt a grave disturbance in the Force?
      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Marlowe View Post
        it's that I honestly do not give a damn.
        I hope you don't mind, but I stole your .gif avatar. I think it's amusing.
        Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

The man in the hallway:

He's been standing there for at least the 20 years that my parents have lived in this house. I'm pretty sure he's the former owner. His widow sold this house to my parents in the aftermath of a major hurricane, which was what caused his death. That particular storm wasn't supposed to hit this far south, but took an 11th hour jog that put my town in its cross hairs and utterly destroyed it. Many folks weren't prepared or refused to believe that it would be as bad as it was. According to the wife, the man refused to take proper shelter and attempted to watch the storm from the vantage point of that hallway, which gives a great view of the outside through a couple sliding glass doors.

The little boy:

This is a ghost that haunts me specifically. He's a redhead and wears jeans and a red and white striped t-shirt and white Converse type low top sneakers. He's about 3 years old. He hangs out in the living rooms of every house I've ever lived in since I was 19. I have a theory of who he is, but it's not something I want to share publicly.
          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            The little boy:

This is a ghost that haunts me specifically. He's a redhead and wears jeans and a red and white striped t-shirt and white Converse type low top sneakers. He's about 3 years old. He hangs out in the living rooms of every house I've ever lived in since I was 19. I have a theory of who he is, but it's not something I want to share publicly.
            Hey, this one's gotta be a lie. A redheaded ghost? Come on, gingers don't have souls.

I keed! I keed! That was a joke, son.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              Hey, this one's gotta be a lie. A redheaded ghost? Come on, gingers don't have souls.

I keed! I keed! That was a joke, son.
              *snicker* Maybe the little boy dyes his hair?
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

In other words, you felt a grave disturbance in the Force?
                Inspite of the Star Wars reference and all humor aside in all seriousiness yes.

Comment

I had a slightly different "event" happen that day.

When I was in NYC in 2010, I had some time to kill before checking into my hotel (which was down near the Brooklyn Bridge), so I went on a little tour of lower Manhattan. At one point I realized I was quite literally growling, snarling a little and showing teeth. And then I realized where I was, so close to the WTC site.

I have a friend who lives not too far from there (In NJ across the river), and she says that when she's near the site, she can feel a sensation like she's burning. She was very attuned to the original WTC towers before they fell- she spent a lot of time there and always felt safe and happy, no matter what mood she was in when she arrived.

Comment

Inspite of the Star Wars reference and all humor aside in all seriousiness yes.
                    I was only being partially humorous. I know it was a very serious thing.

Also creepy.

Comment

Quoth Amanita View Post
                      Here's one of mine-I've always been an urban animist, almost as long as I can remember. Other Pagans speak of being able to sense animal or tree spirits, I've been able to sense a presence from large structures, especially Skyscrapers. I've found a few others like me, but we're a rare breed, it seems. Like we're tuned into a slightly different frequency on the spiritual level.
                      I wonder how you would get on if you ever visited Russia - because I got such a strong feeling when I entered the Kremlin it was like being hit in the face with a shovel...

(Then again I'd recommend you visit Russia anyway because it is an amazing country, absolutely beautiful. Plus the guards on the trains tell absolutely filthy jokes )

Quoth Amanita View Post
                      For a day or so after 9/11, strange things happened around the house I was living in with several roommates. Things flying around, strange noises that nobody could explain, etc.
                      How old were you all at the time? People in adolescence/early adulthood naturally have a lot more "energy" than others, according to the awesome psych guy I saw (poor guy was trying to assure my shocked/baffled mother that I might grow out of it... sorry mum ) so maybe it was all the strong emotions you guys were feeling in terms of fear and shock and sadness and so on manifesting itself, especially since so many of you were sharing it in the same confined space. I find it's when I'm feeling something very strongly (particularly if I lose my temper...) that the lights spontaneously fuse.

It's nice to meet people so open-minded, the only person I know aside from me who really "got" it was my grandmother (the one who died in 2004, not the 1976 one.) She was proper Donegal stock, her family had been there for generations, and her grandmother had a hell of a reputation around there for stuff like that... I think she liked talking to me about it because I reminded her so much of her grandmother, who she was very close to. Apparently I'm the absolute spit of her too, right down to the oddly almond-shaped green eyes (which no one else in my immediate family has.)
                      "Asking an Irish girl to tone it down a notch is about the same as asking a wolf to leave the sheep alone. Good luck with that. " - Jester, about me

Comment

I was 22 at the time 9/11 happened, so out of the adolescent stage. Oddly, most of my roommates didn't seem too affected by it, although one of them said that when watching TV, he could see the astral forms of the towers still standing, like an after-image.

I'm looking forward to visiting Dubai, sooo many skyscrapers there, including Burj Khalifa. I wonder what I'll get from her?
                        Those Russian train guards sound cool I do love me some filthy jokes!

Comment

I was only being partially humorous. I know it was a very serious thing.

Also creepy.
                          Yeah it still kinda creeps me out to this day years later. I can still remember the feeling of being hit with a waterless wave.

Comment

Working...
                          X