This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mjr View Post
    Yeah, I used the wrong formula above. Looks like they would have combined payments of around $991.40.

But still...yeah, that's a ton of money, percentage wise, to spend!
    Damn, that is our mortgage payment on a small farm...
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

We get our titles too and if there's a lienholder it's listed on the title.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth Ophbalance View Post
        How can they have a title but not have paid off the loan? My bank has the title on my car, and I won't have it in my hands until it's paid for.
        Car could also have been secondhand. I have a personal loan that was used to purchase my car, but I bought it secondhand and only took out enough to cover it. (My parents are listed as cosigners)
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          Car could also have been secondhand. I have a personal loan that was used to purchase my car, but I bought it secondhand and only took out enough to cover it. (My parents are listed as cosigners)
          Maybe it's just my bank then. I rolled one of the cars into a personal loan and they still have the title. They did the same to the last car I rolled into that loan, and I received the title in the mail one day when the value was paid off. And that car I had purchased whilst still in PA.
          But the paint on me is beginning to dry
          And it's not what I wanted to be
          The weight on me
          Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

There are three basic ways states handle car titles when there's a lien on the vehicle.

1) Owner keeps the title with lien holder listed on it.
            2) Bank keeps the title
            3) Electronic title with all relevant information listed in a database.

Some states e-title with an option for paper.
            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
              around here, the bank keeps the title until the vehicle is paid off.
              It's the same here in Illinois. My wife was so eager to get the title when she sent (certified mail) the last payment on her '06 Highlander.
              I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
              -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Because of the way it works here in Minnesota, customers frequently don't process the lien release when they pay the loan off. We sign the lien card and send it to them with their paid loan documents. We tell them to keep the lien card with their title. But it seems like half the time, the customers lose their lien card and we have to fill out a new lien release (our loan software has a form for that) so that they can sell the vehicle. It's a pain, sometimes.
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                  But still...yeah, that's a ton of money, percentage wise, to spend!
                  I love my BIL and SIL but they are financial idiots. They built a McMansion in SC. If everything had worked out perfectly their plan was for 70% of their income to go to the mortgage. They wound up going over budget by several hundred thousand dollars and in the end could not convert their $700K construction loan into a mortgage (the bank would only go up to about $400K). They lost the house.

Did I mention they decided to act as their own general contractor even though neither one has ever worked in the construction business?

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  They probably had co-signers or bumped up their income on the vehicle finance applications. Ghel's probably right: those rides will be repo'ed sooner than later.
                  Or one or both of them may have had jobs/better paying jobs when they purchased the vehicles.
                  You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Where do they live? Maybe they can try an online loan site like DollarsDirect.ca
                    cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                    X