This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Still Gets to Me...

They apologized but this still really ticks me the hell off.

It was a really really really busy Sunday and of course as usual most people were total dickholes. My CW actually had a guy make her cry within the first five minutes. I told her he was just jealous because she had both of her legs (he had a prosthetic one.) That cheered her up a bit.

Anyways. On to the real story. We had this huuuuuge line, I'd just been called up and I was taking care of it with CW. Well this woman had asked CW to turn on the air pump. Our air pump is set up in a way so that we cannot just hit a button and it turns on, we have to go all the way outside and down the sidewalk to turn it on. This SHOULD be obvious since the signal would have to go through WALLS to be turned on.

Apparently it isn't. I'm trying to take care of the line because hey, line and paying customers go before the people who are getting FREE AIR. Corporate policy.

While I'm trying to take care of an older gentleman...

SC: HEY. YOU TURN THE AIR ON YET?!
    Me: Not yet.
    SC: Could you, you know, DO THAT?!!!! NOW?!
    Me: I have to take care of the line.
    SC: *snottily and loudly to her husband (SCH)* THEY HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THE LIIIIIIIINNNNNNEH.

SCH: *to CW* Hey. Could we uhhh, get the air now?! PLEASE!?!!??!?

Me: I'm coming with it.

As I'm walking out the door past him I don't even bother looking at him but he's following me.

SCH: Oh...you have to...come out?
    Me: Yeah, we don't have one of the machines that are outside the window so we can't just stay inside and turn on a button. It doesn't work that way.
    SCH: Oh uh. I didn't know that. I thought you could just hit a button. I'm so used to the uh...the other stores...
    Me: Yeah no.

After that they came back in and apologized but for serious. If your behavior is that which you should apologize for...DON'T FUCKING DO IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. Maybe the machine can't just be magically turned on, did you ever THINK of that?! Obviously not. Oh, ALL [company] stores must be built the EXACT SAME WAY or something...

Goddamn, it pisses me off. They didn't even wait that long and it's FREAKING FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

It seems like people always have the biggest freak-out conniption fits over free items.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Ohhh I hate it when people say they're sorry for being jerks. If you're really sorry then you wouldn't have been a jerk in the first place.
      Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

I think the husbands apology was sincere. The wife however...a total beeyotch.

Comment

I think SCH may have learned a little something... Very little. SC however will always be a bitch.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Your store should really get rid of the air altogether or start charging for it.

I most explicitly do *NOT* recommend breaking the machine yourself so you can just put an out of order sign on it.
            Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              It seems like people always have the biggest freak-out conniption fits over free items.
              Oh god yes. We offer free ads for really cheap crap that you're trying to sell (one dude keeps putting in ads for support hose; another one is selling boxes of cereal!) and they pitch major fits if their ads don't make it into the paper. Plus, we don't take them by phone. They have to come in via email, on the website, or through regular mail. You've never heard such whining.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MelindaJoy77 View Post
                Ohhh I hate it when people say they're sorry for being jerks. If you're really sorry then you wouldn't have been a jerk in the first place.
                True enough ... but it's still better than adding insult to injury, as in, "Oh, no WONDER it took you so long to turn the air on; you just don't want to drag your lazy butt to the 'on' button!"

I too think SCH learned a little something. With the wife ... who knows. Some people just refuse to ever admit they might have been wrong.

Comment

Having to go outside to turn on the air could be a security issue.

Any chance of being able to set up a "dummy" button so that if you get another SC who demands air NOW even with a line, you can push the button and tell them the air's on. When they go out and the air's not working (of course - the button you pushed isn't hooked up to anything), tell them "sorry, looks like the compressor isn't working". Be decent and wait until the paying customers have been served, get air. Be overly entitled, No Air For You!
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Having to go outside to turn on the air could be a security issue.

Any chance of being able to set up a "dummy" button so that if you get another SC who demands air NOW even with a line, you can push the button and tell them the air's on. When they go out and the air's not working (of course - the button you pushed isn't hooked up to anything), tell them "sorry, looks like the compressor isn't working". Be decent and wait until the paying customers have been served, get air. Be overly entitled, No Air For You!
                    If we're alone and we can't go out then it's up to us to determine who is trustworthy enough to actually give the remote to so they can just go out, use it, and bring it back. If I'm alone and I don't like the way you spoke to me then you can't have air until someone else comes on...in an hour.

Comment

Working...
                    X