X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There be morons on the horizon

Just another night in my area.

A new customer calls in an order. The CSR verifys the address. The order is made and I dispatch myself for delivery. I am about half way to the specified address on the ticket when my cell phone vibrates. I see it is the store calling. I pull over and answer. IT appears that the customer gave an incorrect address. In the background I hear another worker getting the "correct address".

Now the address I have is 1120 Windy Rd. A legit adderess for our delivery area. The customer is now saying they are at 1981 Bellringer St. Not a legit address for our delivery area and we are not sure where this street is in our area. I hear the worker explain to the customer that that address is NOT in our area and proceed to try and figure out which store the order should go to (there are 5 red roof pizza stores in my area). I know the MOD got involved at some point.

Obviously this is going to be a dead run, so I hang up my phone, turn around and head back to the store. The MOD marks the order undeliverable so I get credit for the run and I return to my duties.

Is this the END????? NOPE or I would not have posted this.

About an hour later the phone rings and I answer with the standard robot greeting. The person on the phone claims they had placed an order about hour ago and they are wondering where it is. I ask the standard questions: What is your phone number??? What is your address???

The guy gives me a phone number that I can not find on the screen. When asked for the address he gives:

1981 Bellringer St.

Sorry that address is NOT in our area. <now thinking you were told that address was NOT in our area>
    BUT I ORDERED FROM YOU GUYS!!!
    I am sorry but we have no orders for that address as it is NOT in our delivery area.
    BUT I CALLED YOUR STORE AND ORDERED!!!!

Not willing to go round and round I hand the guy off to the MOD.

The MOD goes a short round with the guy and the "customer" hangs up.

2 fails here:
    #1 MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THE CORRECT ADDRESS when placing an order
    #2 DO NOT demand we delivery something that is possible WAAAAYYYYY out of our delivery area AFTER we tell you this fact.

Up side of this:
    2 FREE order of wings.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Woot! Free wings!!!

Maybe SC has worn out his welcome at the other Redroofs? Knowing that, he orders from one out of the area with an address IN that area, then tries to change up as it's being delivered? That'd be pretty tricky timing, but who knows.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
      Woot! Free wings!!!

Maybe SC has worn out his welcome at the other Redroofs? Knowing that, he orders from one out of the area with an address IN that area, then tries to change up as it's being delivered? That'd be pretty tricky timing, but who knows.
      My thought too. I so cynical!

He probably figured he could swap addresses after it had been cooked and they would deliver it rather than throw it away.

Of course, like all stupid people don't realize they're stupid, his cunning plan did not work.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
      X