This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We should kiss your butt because you don't plan

I work night audit at a small motel. One night when we were very close to selling out a gentleman arrived without a reservation He wanted a room with two beds for his family We had no rooms left with two beds and he decided he would take two rooms with king sized beds in each room.

Days later on our survey website I noticed he had complained that he was forced to take two rooms and we should have given him one room free.

Did he really think that he should have been given a free room because he arrived without a reservation? I can see giving him one room free if he had a reservation for a room with two beds and we could not supply him one. That would have been our fault and we would have bent over backwards to make it right. I also did not twist his arm to take two paid rooms. He could have kept on driving.

People will complain about ANYTHING to try and get a discount. I had one lady ask me for a discount because we are a motel and not a hotel (she chose to stay with us!!) and yesterday someone online complained that because they had 4 people in the room, there should have been 4 towels in the room, instead of the desk clerk (me) having to ask at check-in if they would like an extra set. Which... I am instructed to do. By corporate.

Tho that guest of yours seems to be quite delusional haha. He's lucky you had rooms to accomodate his lack of planning!

Comment

What's that old saying that's so popular on these boards? Oh, yes.

"Lack of planning on your part is not an emergency on my part."

It'll be a grand and glorious day when people finally take responsibility for their own actions (or lack of).
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I just thought of a great way for businesses to play God, and we can simply learn from customerssuck.com.

Give the power of administration on the survey website to the staff, not the webmasters. Let the staff add their own rebuttal while representing the company, BUT let them CLOSE the thread as well.

For example:
        Customer: On xx/xx/xx I visited the hotel but did not make a reservation, and I wanted a room with two king size beds. The company didn't have this and I was FORCED, FORCED I TELL YOU to take two rooms, each with a king size bed. When I asked for one of the rooms comped, the company would not allow this so I will never be returning again.

Company: Thank you for choosing to stay with us. However, we cater to the needs of all people, not one lone customer. Additionally, it's common sense to make a reservation for a hotel the nights you will be staying, as there is no guarantee that any room might be available on the night you wish to stay. Please remember this to make your next stay with us (or any hotel) an enjoyable one!

THREAD CLOSED (<-- It's essential to give the staff power to close the thread so that they can not only have the last word, but prevent future negative feedback from the same customers who know that they were in the wrong. Additionally, it's feedback, not a forum anyway).

Comment

Working...
        X