This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Going To Happen

I'm working at my other job as a shuttle driver.. We get a lot of truckers that stay at our hotel and they get the CLC rate which basically means their company pays for the room at no charge to the guest and the rate is about 60% lower than our normal rate.. as direct consequence of this fact, usually don't allow them to use our shuttle service.. this also goes for tour groups who pay about the same.. now, there are exceptions.. I'm usually only too happy to run some nice gentleman out to the airport or to his company's truck stop if I have time, and if they're polite.. it's a pretty minor bending of the rules and I won't get in trouble for it.

So.. Sometime in the late afternoon, we get this gentleman who is checking in with the CLC card. Actually gentleman is not the right word.. because right from the get go he's so surly and mean and angry.. about what? I couldn't tell you.. I think its just his default.. he might have been intoxicated as well , he was slurring his speech.

He tries to make a reservation for the shuttle to go out to the airport to catch a plane.. now normally we ask for 24 hours notice on any shuttle reservation, but that's another rule that we will bend often enough, and it's usualky no big deal.

SC: I need to reserve a shuttle out to the airport.
    CW: Okay let me just get the shuttle book and see if we have any openings.. When do you need to go?
    SC: I need to leave here about midnight.
    CW: Hmmm.. that could be a problem.. out shuttle stops running at ten. And usually we like to scedule the last run no later than 9:30..
    SC: I don't care! I need to go at midnight!
    ME: I could probably do a little later.. maybe like 10-10:30 at the latest. I can't really do much better though sorry.. actually have to get out of here as soon as possible.. I have to work my other job in the morning ..you understand.
    SC: THIS IS BULLSHIT!
    (Customer walks away)
    CW: So do you still want the shuttle to the airport?

-----

A couple hours later we got a call from his room..

CW: Front desk.
    SC: I wanted to confirm my shuttle for midnight.. Is that still on?
    CW: Well as I told you before the best we could do is 10 maybe 1030..
    SC: What!? Person at the front desk told me 12!
    CW: Uhhh... I'm the person you talked to and I didn't say that.
    SC: This is bullshit!
    (Hangs up)

----

An hour or two later he calls again...

ME: Good evening! Front desk!
    SC: Hello this is (SC) in room XXX.. I made a shuttle reservation earlier for midnight. I'm just calling to confirm that.
    ME: Well, actually.. you didn't make a reservation at all.. and the latest we can do is going to be 10.
    SC: What?! Front desk person told me midnight!
    ME: No, I was here and we told you ten..
    SC: This is bullshit! Fine.. let me do 1130!
    ME: Ten.
    Click

----

The same conversation happened maybe 3 or 4 more times over the course of the night.. Finally 10 o'clock rolls around and I notice he hasn't come up to the front desk yet, So as a courtesy I rang his room to inform him that if he wants a ride out to the airport he must get here for 1030.. He gives me the same indignation he has all night and then says "fine!" And hangs up..

1030 rolls around and he still hasn't shown.. 1045 and I call is room again..

ME: Hey man I'm about to clock off and leave if you want a ride to the airport you better get down here..
    He hangs up.. I tell my co-worker that I'll give him 10 minutes and if he doesn't show up I'm going home... This is more leeway than I ever should have given him Considering how big of an asshole he was.. I don't know what I was thinking that night..

He shows up at 11 O' FUCKING CLOCK, and checks out.. I go outside to start the van so it can warm up.. as I'm looking back over my shoulder I see he is screaming at my coworker arms flailing.. just going ape shit.. at this moment I have no idea what he saying, but I can take a pretty good guess.. he storms out to the shuttle, furious.. as we pull away...
    SC: Your co worker there is a huge asshole!
    ME: Well, to be fair we've been telling you 10 o'clock all night, And all you seem to do is ignore us And tell us we told you midnight.. Did you really think that was going to work? First of all we're not even supposed to let CLC guys use the shuttle.. We usually require 24 hours notice on any shuttle reservations.. And the shuttle stops running at 10 not midnight... Some of us have other jobs we need to get to so it's important that we get out of here in a timely manner.. and you've been nothing but rude to us from the get go..

The guy says absolutely nothing until we get to the airport.. I guess he was afraid that I would kick him out of the shuttle if he went ape shit on me. AND HE IS ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. if he had said just one more thing to me I would have pulled ove,r I don't care if I'm in the middle of the fucking highway and kick his ass out bags and all.. finally we pull up to the airport..

SC: Fuck you you fucking asshole!! You're a piece of shit you know that?! I'm never staying at this fucking hotel again!! I ought to kick your ass.

He's all up in my face, and screaming right into my ear.. I don't know if he was expecting to just meekly take his abuse or what, but.

Something in my brain just snapped.. I've never been so furious and all of my life..

ME: Get the fuck out of my shuttle! Get your fucking bags and get out. Or I will beat the living shit out of you!

SC: FUCK YOU!

I walk around to the passenger side and open the door. I must have looked pretty pissed, because this guy puts his arms up over his face and cowers.

ME: Get out!

He gets out..

ME: You're never allowed to stay at our hotel again..
    Last edited by Nordel; 08-16-2013, 12:47 AM.

Supplemental ..

I get back to the hotel and tell my co worker what happened.. He apologizes and says he should have told the guy he was banned from the hotel and told me not to take him.. that guy went apeshit on my coworker as well just as bad as he did on me.. he was way over the line and we should have probably called the police on his ass if he wasn't willing to leave..

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
      SC: I wanted to confirm my shuttle for midnight.. Is that still on?
      CW: Well as I told you before the best we could do is 10 maybe 1030..
      SC: What!? Person at the front desk told me 12!
      CW: Uhhh... I'm the person you talked to and I didn't say that.
      SC: This is bullshit!
      (Hangs up)
      This is not the first time I've heard of that trick. Has that ever worked? Has any SC ever gotten his way by lying about how "the other guy" agreed with him?
      Quoth Nordel View Post
      I walk around to the passenger side and open the door. I must have looked pretty pissed, because this guy puts his arms up over his face and cowers.
      Here the bully shows his true colors. He'll bellow, brutalize and intimidate until someone stands up to him, then he'll show what a piss-pants coward he truly is.
      Quoth Nordel View Post
      ME: You're never allowed to stay at our hotel again..
      "And there was much rejoicing." I'm glad you put his name on the "Banned" list. Bully is going to find himself banned from every hotel in the nation and he still won't be able to figure out why.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Oh, yeah.. he has no problem bullying people all day.. and then when I stick up for myself he pisses pants.
        . What a coward..

Yep as soon as I got back to the hotel we went into his profile put in a very lengthy comment in both the profile and communication log, and put a block on his profile and CLC card number. SC fired! And we never heard from him again.

Comment

Honestly, I don't understand why you waited until 11pm. Shoulda made the schlub take a cab.
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yep.. normally I would have.. I don't know what I was thinking that night!

Comment

Watch him try to book with you guys again...
              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Here's hoping he tries that behavior on the plane.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Here's hoping he tries that behavior on the plane.
                  "I don't care that this plane is going to Sacramento, I need to get to Houston. That's what the other guy told me, I need to go to Houston!"

Comment

Since you have his compnay info did your manager call them to let them know he was banned and why? I bet they'd love to hear that.

Comment

Hahahaha!!!

Comment

Quoth Grendus View Post
                        "I don't care that this plane is going to Sacramento, I need to get to Houston. That's what the other guy told me, I need to go to Houston!"
                        Sure, they'll send him to Houston...the hard way. Hope he's got a parachute and lots of padding!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Really drive the point home: send him a letter (yes, paper)--preferably certified. Let's see how quickly he apologizes.
                          OTOH, I too am waiting to see him try his nonsense anywhere in the airport for that matter.
                          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            This is not the first time I've heard of that trick. Has that ever worked? Has any SC ever gotten his way by lying about how "the other guy" agreed with him?
                            Didn't work on me once.

A woman phoned up one day and I took the same person's call a week later. She began with, "I spoke to one of your colleagues last week and he was very rude."

"No I wasn't."

It went downhill from there.

Rapscallion

Comment

No, we don't usually call the guest, but if he ever tries to check in again a block on his profile will pop up which can only be over ridden by a manager. And the 2 paragraph comment I posted will also show up, so the person working the desk will know exactly what kind of a belligerent asshole he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X