This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakfast Woes

At the motel I work at I set out the continental breakfast in the morning. The following are my observations:

Some people tend to reach into containers (completely overlooking the tongs sitting out) and grab food with their bare hands - bread/donuts- etc. When this happens they tend to brush up against food they have no intention of eating.

Some people make complete messes and don't even bother to mention this. Cereal all over the counter comes to mind.

Some people tend to fill up their giant mugs with our free coffee and leave none for everyone else.

We had one guest who took our bread/peanut butter/jelly and used these free breakfast items for her own lunches. Yes, the food is free but does this give you the right to just take it out of the motel? Today a dude walked out with four yogurts. Bananas disappear in bunches (no pun intended)

This one might be a minor complaint - but since when do people get up from tables and fail to push their chair in?

People value free things the least. They tend to think that if these things are free to them they're entitled to do whatever they want with them, up to and including looting the free breakfast to cover their lunch and dinner needs (for the next week). Kind of sad.

Humorous side note: I used to work the night shift, from 10 PM to 7AM. Occasionally, we'd have a man come in at around 6:30 and buy two or three of those giant boxes of bananas - easily 15 to 20 pounds of bananas - for the continental breakfast at his hotel. He used to joke that he worked at the zoo and had to feed the monkeys. In retrospect, that was probably closer to the truth than I realized at the time...

Comment

Quoth figgyx View Post
      This one might be a minor complaint - but since when do people get up from tables and fail to push their chair in?
      Almost all the time, especially in a "free buffet" situation. You're lucky you got them to use napkins instead of the tablecloths....>_>

As for the touched-without-sanitary-gloves food...That (a) sucks and (b) just cost you a lot of money if you're in the US, as that food is now considered "contaminated" and the entire pan has to be thrown out, or So Spaketh the Dreaded Board of Health ~_~
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X