• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blurggggglllleeee Street

DC= dimwitted customer

Phone rings..
    (Acme) Pizza! How can I help you?

Before I can even ask if its pick up or delivery customer begins to start naming toppings. Customer orders the most complicated pizza on the menu with several additions and take offs, making the pizza unrecognizable as the specialty pizza she ordered..

ME: Anything else?
    DC: No..
    ME: Is this a pickup or delivery?
    DC: Delivery.
    ME: Ok. Can I get your phone number?
    DC: xxx-xxxx
    ME: And what's your address?
    DC: It's .. well.. umm.. 589 (mumbles) street..
    ME: I'm sorry I didn't catch that.. What was the street?
    DC: thurpenss street.
    ME: I'm sorry one more time..
    DC: blurgble street.
    ME: Did you say purple Street?
    DC: sssstrerpend street.
    ME: sss..terp..all... street..
    DC: Yes.
    ME: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
    DC: quirple street.
    ME: I'm sorry are you saying circle? Is it circle Street?
    DC: yes.
    ME: There's no such Street.. Do you mean .. like ... the street is a circle ..."yes!" ..Or, like its the name of a street and then circle.. "yes"... Or do you mean its like O street as in the letter O?
    DC: Yes!
    ME: You've said yes to everything I've said it can't be all of those things..
    DC: Its a couple blocks past the high school!
    ME: I'm sorry I need an exact address do you think you could get some mail or something or go outside on your front porch and look at read what the street sign says? Do you not know your own address?
    DC: I just told you its 2 blocks past the high school.. And then you make a left turn.. And it's a greenhouse..
    ME: Ok ma'am well get started on that right away!
    CLICK!
    not.

I have always said that if you lack the intelligence to properly order a pizza delivery, then you don't deserve to order pizza. You belong to a very tiny select minority of people who are actually too dumb to order pizza.. wow.
    Last edited by Nordel; 08-16-2013, 10:21 AM.

I was wondering why you didn't have them spell it, but I guess if they don't actually know it, that would be kinda hard for them, eh? At least there wasn't a "where's my damn pizza" call back; they musta eventually realized not giving the address would be an impediment. (Or maybe they just forgot they ordered one, like they forgot where they were...)

Comment

Haha. Yep.. Actually I'm pretty sure I did try to get her to spell it (The call itself wasted a whopping 10-15 minutes of my time, she asked about damn near every specialty pizza on the menu.)

ME: Could you spell that for me?
      DC: ...
      ME:...?
      DC:...
      You're a moron.

I'm guessing that maybe they were too lazy to bother getting the address and she thought that I could just drive around a 2 block radius of one of the 12 high schools in Salt Lake City and just start a knockin' on all of the houses that happen to be green.
      Last edited by Nordel; 08-16-2013, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
        ... one of the 12 high schools in Salt Lake City...
        Bet she's in North Salt Lake near Woods Cross HS. (next county north)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Haha.. yep. Probably.

Comment

A couple of blocks past the high school. That would not work in the city where I live...we have at least 6 high schools.

Comment

If you asked her "which high school?" She probably wouldn't know anyway...or the answer would be "The one near my house!"
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

So Mrrrmbrgle Street, my arch nemesis, we meet again!

I wonder if that was an extremely lame prank call. Someone trying to annoy you and failing miserably.

Comment

I think she may have mentioned Hawthorne High school which I believe doesn't exist in Salt Lake (as far as I know..?)

As for it being a prank..well I suppose it is possible but I'm usually pretty good at telling if someone is genuine and I got.the feeling that this was the real thing. I didn't get a single "red flag" in the entire 15 minute exchange.. If this was a prank then I admire the persons dedication to their craft.. they didn't break at all.

Comment

During the time I have been working phones (both food type and a more professional office setting) I have become fluent in mushmouth, Ebonics, inside and outside of US accents, drunk, stoned, trippin, and bad American English
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                    X