X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Shave Time Off Your Delivery

Very simple:

When I quote your delivery time, let's say it's between 30 & 50 minutes, don't ask which time it will be closer to. That's why I gave you a range. Who knows? I could tell you closer to 30, get off the phone with you and get completely swamped.

Also, since I'm the only one in the store going between answering phones and making pizzas, the quicker I get off the phone with you, the quicker I can get started on your order.
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

I'd automatically assume 50 minutes, and if it's only 30, then my tip tens to be higher than usual. Then again I'm not a SC.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

You want to shave time off the delivery? Come get it yourself.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
        I'd automatically assume 50 minutes, and if it's only 30, then my tip tens to be higher than usual. Then again I'm not a SC.
        Ah, but see, because you aren't a SC, you don't try to pin it down so you can: take a shower, work on the doorbell, visit the neighbors, crank up the stereo, run to the bank, or any of the other things that will let you say "But they said 22 minutes and I was at the door from 20m 30s to 22m 15s" when you haven't answered the door and you get called an hour later by the delivery place.

Comment

My ex-bf who worked at a pizza place told me once after taking a customers order and telling them how long the delivery time would be, the customer had said something like, "Oh okay great! I'm going to go take a shit and should be done by the time you all get here!" WTH?!

Comment

Quoth Insomnia View Post
            My ex-bf who worked at a pizza place told me once after taking a customers order and telling them how long the delivery time would be, the customer had said something like, "Oh okay great! I'm going to go take a shit and should be done by the time you all get here!" WTH?!
            Hey at least they were honest.

Most of my deliveries who decide to
            Go to the store
            look at llama pron
            go out to get/rent a movie (these days with NetFlix and Hulu?????)
            go to neighbors house
            take a bike ride
            take a nap
            pass out drunk
            get "busy" with someone
            etc.

just seem to go an a whim without a plan
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

Most of my deliveries who decide to
              get "busy" with someone

just seem to go an a whim without a plan
              Did someone order a pizza with extra sausage?
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

True but saying you're going to do a #2 is just way TMI! blaaagh

Comment

Quoth Insomnia View Post
                  And rule #1 goes broken again... I KNOW better, I really do.

Comment

go out to get/rent a movie (these days with NetFlix and Hulu?????)
                    Not everyone has the type of internet connection needed to support those sorts of things - not to mention for a long time Netflix was not even available in New Zealand. Video stores still do very good business here in New Zealand since it is cheaper to rent out a New Release DVD than it is to go watch a movie at the cinemas ($8 or so overnight vs $17 for a 2 hour movie with nothing else thrown in)
                    Violets are blue,
                    Roses are red,
                    I bequeath to thee...
                    A boot to the head >_>

Comment

I just give decent tips. Once I get enough deliveries from a place that they remember I tip decently, things seem to speed up more. Guess I get pushed to the front of the delivery queue.
                      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I've lived in the same house for the past 5 years, I live in the middle of town and tend to only order from the same place when I order pizza in (as opposed to going to Papa Murphey's which is a take and bake place).

First 6 times I ordered, I got quoted a time frame of lets say 45 minutes....typically they'd be there right around that time.

All times after that, after tipping consistently and pretty decently (15-20%), I've noticed a marked difference. I swear there has to be notes in my "file" because I've NEVER called to complain, my orders have always been right, and only one time did they forget something (extra garlic sauce cups for the pizza). The driver even felt bad and I swear from body language he expected me to yell and scream and demand things...

I gave him the normal amount of tip and said "honestly its ok....I'm to hungry to care...have a great night and drive safe!"
                        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Working...
                        X