This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What not to do while staying at a hotel

1. Walk into the lobby and demand a key for a room you are not registered to. We are only allowed to make a key for the person whose name is on our registration slip - and even then it is after we check ID to ensure you are that person. Even if you are sharing the room with said person we are not allowed to just make you a key. If you want access to keys you should have the registered guest add your name to the registration. Even if you are the wife/husband of said guest we are not supposed to just make you a key.

I had a father of a bride ask for a key to his daughter's room and went completely ape shit when I denied him.

2. Book through a third person site such as expedia or priceline and then demand a copy of your bill. Um, NO!!!!! We are not allowed to show you the copy of the bill with the rate because this is a private rate arranged thru the site. You pay them and they pay us - period.

3. Come down in the morning and bitch about something that was wrong with the room - and then demand a discount. If you don't call us right away and give us the chance to make it right how are we supposed to help you? You get no sympathy from me if you come down at 6am to checkout and tell me that the people next door were yelling for 2 hours. I could have gone to the room when you first heard them/or called the cops to deal with the situation. How can I possibly help you at checkout long after the room quiets down?

4. Come in to check in with someone else's credit card. We must have faxed permission for you to use such card. The cardholder must write a short statement allowing permission and attach a copy of his drivers license so we have proof of ownership. Maybe you found a credit card in the parking lot and came up with the ingenious plan to scam a free room? Yeah, this is my bosses card. He gave me permission to use it. UM... NO!!!!!!!

5. Throw a party in your room and when asked to quiet down state that I rented this room and I have the right to do what I want. Not really. Rooms are rented for the express purpose of sleeping at night. After 11pm it is expected that all rooms quiet down so that those people requiring sleep (such as truck drivers- you don't want these guys on the road on no sleep) get their sleep. If you want to party then you can rent a banquet room or go out to the bar. At one hotel I worked at we had a bridal party in a suite and when security kicked everyone but the registered guests out of the room the entire party relocated to the father of the bride's suite. (and it started all over again with more complaints)

oh dear. I have all of these.
    um... er... BINGO!
    Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!

Comment

Amen on #2! We had a couple recently book through a third person site and then asked for a receipt.

He got all offended as he was a seasoned traveler (he made a point to tell that he had been to Italy). And that he was never ever refused a receipt. He was so mad that he gave me back a freebie map that I had given him.

I guess he showed me?!
      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

figgyx, you hit the nail on the head.

Comment

I've had people insist on getting a receipt when they paid a 3rd party. I usually just let them know that their receipt is available through them. Usually works.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

o.O When I book through a third party site they email me the confirmation and a receipt..Why would the hotel give me one too??

People are weird...

Comment

Working...
            X