• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pear cider? Intrigued....
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
      Which is apparently where these nasty-sounding drinks come from. Rum and Diet Sprite? Whiskey and Coke Zero?
      Hey, I think diet anything tastes like ass. But if people like it, that's their thing. But....w don't have funky diet sodas. Wee have Diet Coke, Diet Coke, or Diet Coke. Them's your options.

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Woodchuck Pear Cider, to be precise.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Oooh, it's good. If you have a sweet tooth try the Scandinavian ones (Koppaberg [sp?] and Rekorderlig are my favourite).
        Quoth Jester View Post
        Hey, I think diet anything tastes like ass.
        I don't have anything to add to this, I just wanted to quote it. No, really. Nothing to see here. Except Jester's awesomenessicity.
        FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

What is the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke anyway?

Back OT, I'm hoping the OJ customer just had a brain fart and forgot to pick up a bottle of juice. Otherwise, it does make me worry about the aliteracy trend that seems to be sweeping the nation...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

They are genuinely surprised also that we don't have frosting for the pretzels.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
              Coke Zero tastes much closer to regular Coke than Diet Coke does.

Now that Caffeine Free Coke Zero is available in my local stores, that's pretty much all I will be buying for soda. Other than the occasional case of throwback Pepsi. I'm trying to cut down, really I am, but I will never be able to completely quit soda and pbeh to anybody who thinks I can.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                I thought Coke Zero was for guys and Diet Coke was for women. Manly men don't like to be seen drinking Diet drinks apparently.

Essentially, I thought they were the same just with different names but for marketing reasons.
                "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                  I thought Coke Zero was for guys and Diet Coke was for women. Manly men don't like to be seen drinking Diet drinks apparently.

Essentially, I thought they were the same just with different names but for marketing reasons.
                  Nope, they definitely taste different. To me, who actually likes Diet Coke and hates original Coke (which apparently makes me a pariah on this baord ) Coke Zero is as bad as original Coke while Diet Coke (preferably caffeine free) is my drink of choice.
                  "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                    Nope, they definitely taste different. To me, who actually likes Diet Coke and hates original Coke (which apparently makes me a pariah on this board ) Coke Zero is as bad as original Coke while Diet Coke (preferably caffeine free) is my drink of choice.
                    Not to me. I much prefer the taste of Diet Coke to regular Coke.

Nope. Coke Zero is for people who don't like the taste of Diet Coke but don't want the calories of regular Coke. I suppose not having "diet" in the name makes it more appealing to men though.
                    Last edited by siskaren; 09-06-2013, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      I will never be able to completely quit soda and pbeh to anybody who thinks I can.
                      You can do whatever you want to do. If you want to quit soda completely, you will be able to do so. It's all about what you want to do.

If 24 years ago you would have told me I could quit drinking caffeine, I would have laughed my ass off at you. But a year later, I realized that caffeine and my stomach could not happily coexist. So I made a necessary change. And a couple of years ago, I decided I really didn't need any soda in my life, so other than the occasional one here or there, I've pretty much rid my life of them.

It's all a matter of whether or not you want to do it. If you do, you can. Simple as that.

That's news to me. I've been in the food service industry for almost 30 years, and guys drink diet soda as much as women, without any issue that I've noticed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

They are genuinely surprised also that we don't have frosting for the pretzels.
                        Frosting? On pretzels?!? Dafuq?!?
                        "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                        --StanFlouride

Comment

There is such a thing as chocolate-frosted pretzels. I usually only see them on sale for the holidays.

They're pretty good. I don't buy them for myself but if I'm visiting friends or family at Christmastime and they have them out, I'll snack on them.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth KatherineB View Post
                            Nope, they definitely taste different. To me, who actually likes Diet Coke and hates original Coke (which apparently makes me a pariah on this baord ) Coke Zero is as bad as original Coke while Diet Coke (preferably caffeine free) is my drink of choice.
                            Well, they're both made with aspartame, so I can't have either (aspartame and my stomach don't get along), and I really was curious as to how they differed, since they had pretty much the same ingredients. I wish they'd make something with Splenda or a different sweetener.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              Well, they're both made with aspartame, so I can't have either (aspartame and my stomach don't get along), and I really was curious as to how they differed, since they had pretty much the same ingredients. I wish they'd make something with Splenda or a different sweetener.
                              I'm going in the opposite direction, slowly switching back to REAL sodas made with REAL sugar, as there's growing evidence that it's actually better for you than the high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners. I may eventually switch to cans of Mountain Dew Throwback instead of the 24 oz bottles of regular Dew that I normally drink for just that reason.
                              "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                              --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                                I'm going in the opposite direction, slowly switching back to REAL sodas made with REAL sugar, as there's growing evidence that it's actually better for you than the high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners.
                                Fun fact #1: Food processors have learned that a lot of people don't want HFCS, so they've started calling it by another name (Glucose-fructose - note the 2 names with the hyphen). If you see that on an ingredients list, it's HFCS.

Fun fact #2: While it can be used in "everyday kosher" foods, HFCS doesn't meet the requirements of the "heavy duty" kosher that applies at Passover. As a result, "kosher for passover" sodas use real sugar instead of HFCS. Passover happens about the same time of year as Easter (in fact, the official timing for Easter is based on when a certain phase of the moon happens after Passover), so it's too late for this year, but something to keep in mind for next year - be ready to stock up. Aspartame is another substance that doesn't meet the requirements of the "heavy duty" kosher.
                                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X