This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another "I Know The Owner Story"

Happened to a co-worker while I was on shift.

SC: Yeah, I'd like a medium, pepperoni, sausage and olive pizza.
    CW: All right, that'll be $17.60
    SC: Really? Hmmm.....
    CW: I could probably give you our $2.00 off an 14" pizza special.
    SC: Is the owner around? He usually lets me have it for $10
    CW: Nope, sorry, the owner's not in tonight.
    SC:....
    CW...

SC (Walks out)

Sorry, pal, seems the owner forgot to mention you and your special deal.
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Would have been really funny to have the owner walk out and go, "Who the hell are you? Never seen you before."

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
      Would have been really funny to have the owner walk out and go, "Who the hell are you? Never seen you before."
      No, what's really funny is when the owner is the one actually taking orders for some reason (perhaps she's covering for someone on break).

Comment

I hope someday someone pulls that with me. I so want that to happen, then I get to be really evil.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I heard a story about someone doing that to George Steinbrenner, the late owner of the New York Yankees.

He was checking his parking deck one time and caught someone trying to park in his deck illegally. The scofflaw said, "My friend, George Steinbrenner lets me park here." After Steinbrenner identified himself, the parking scofflaw said, "I think I'll park somewhere else."
          This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

Oh, how I hate those people.

Comment

SC: I know the owner. He usually lets me have my way.
              EMPLOYEE: Well, sir, I'm the owner, and have never seen you here before.
              SC: Um, you must be new, and the previous owner sold the place.
              E: Nope. I'm the owner and have owned the place since it opened fifteen years ago.
              SC: ?
              E: (Smiling)
              SC: (Leaves with his tail between his legs)

Now, that's a story I'd love to hear!

Comment

My run my family's hardware store. This happens all the time to me. The customer says "Well I know the owner and he will do..blah blah blah..." and then I respond with " I know the owner also, I call him Dad". Then there are those that claim to be his pal..his friend..and they are looking for a discount or a favor. My dad tells me that he has no friends (not really).

Comment

My old boss from the pizza place had that once; the guy basically deflated like a burst balloon when he realised that his fairy tale about knowing the owner wasn't going to work cuz he was talking to the owner. XD
                  People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                  My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                  X