This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Bits

No, we don't do quarter pizzas, we do halves.

No, mentioning you worked at another pizza place that did it (I highly doubt it since it's a Hot 'n Ready place) doesn't change that fact.

You're taking your business to someone who WILL do it? YOU'RE the consumer, you have OPTIONS.

Ten minutes later this guy calls back and orders a half and half pizza. He tried this tactic with every pizza place he called. No one did quarter pizzas.

Guess that's a happy ending. Um...
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Quoth zigcat View Post
    No, we don't do quarter pizzas, we do halves.

No, mentioning you worked at another pizza place that did it (I highly doubt it since it's a Hot 'n Ready place) doesn't change that fact.

You're taking your business to someone who WILL do it? YOU'RE the consumer, you have OPTIONS.

Ten minutes later this guy calls back and orders a half and half pizza. He tried this tactic with every pizza place he called. No one did quarter pizzas.

Guess that's a happy ending. Um...
    A quarter pizza? Isn't that like TWO SLICES?

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
      A quarter pizza? Isn't that like TWO SLICES?
      I think what the guy wanted was ONE pizza with the quarters of the pizza all having different toppings.
      My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
      It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Oh, I see now. Don't I feel like a dunce.

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
          I think what the guy wanted was ONE pizza with the quarters of the pizza all having different toppings.
          Took me a minute to get that too. But no, never seen a place that did toppings by quarters either. If you need it split up that fine on a single pie, find some place that does individual slices.
          Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
          They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

Only place I've ever seen do that was a place that does square pizzas.

Comment

Well there is the quatro stagioni (4 seasons) one

http://s3.media.squarespace.com/prod...800/Page_2.jpg

Comment

How to get quarters by cheating a little (toppings used are just examples):

Request a pizza with half pepperoni, half sausage
                Request that they turn the pie 90 degrees
                Then request they do another half and half split with green peppers and onions.

Now you have a pizza that's 1/4 pepperoni and onion, 1/4 pepperoni and peppers, 1/4 sausage and peppers and 1/4 sausage and onion.

Either the cook will hate you or think you're an evil genius.
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

I can see a good reason to not do quarter pizzas - it's hard to get a PERFECT dividing line for half-and-half, and even harder to match the dividing line in the toppings when cutting it. For quarter pizzas, you have to do that TWICE, and at a PERFECT 90 degree angle to each other. Inevitably, you'll have 4 slices (one at each division point - a half pizza will have 2 slices that way) that have a BIT of topping from the "neighbour" on them. Considering the fact that anyone who wants things divided up in that manner is likely to be picky in the first place, quarter pizzas are an invitation to SCs.

Here's a thought - if someone wants 4 different combinations of toppings, why not get 2 smaller pies, each done as halves?
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Here's a thought - if someone wants 4 different combinations of toppings, why not get 2 smaller pies, each done as halves?
                    What, are you KIDDING? That makes WAY too much sense!

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      This probably isn't common, but one place I know refused to do halves for a small pizza, presumably because of the slicing problems others mentioned.
                      "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Even some half pizzas don't make any sense.

I always get people ordering two pizzas like this

The first one: 1/2 Pepperoni 1/2 Combination
                        The second one: 1/2 Pepperoni 1/2 Hawaiian

You just couldn't get a full pepperoni and then another pizza 1/2 combination 1/2 Hawaiian could you?
                        I don't like your attitude!
                        Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
                          Even some half pizzas don't make any sense.

I always get people ordering two pizzas like this

The first one: 1/2 Pepperoni 1/2 Combination
                          The second one: 1/2 Pepperoni 1/2 Hawaiian

You just couldn't get a full pepperoni and then another pizza 1/2 combination 1/2 Hawaiian could you?
                          This sounds like logic, and is banned by the "I'm the customer, dammit" treaty of Year Dot.
                          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth zigcat View Post
                            There's actually some sense here, if one party hates/allergic/martians some of the combo toppings. My mother doesn't like going half pizzas because something she doesn't eat might get on her stuff. (dad often picks the offending items off before she notices, since her issues are just being picky )
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
                            X