Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Devil's Wife Came into my Soap Store...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mallsheep
    I'm sure that there's a part of her that wanted to defend me that day, but she's instilled a sense of "KEEP THE PEACE AT ALL COSTS" attitude in our store because she's afraid that if one more complaint comes up against her she'll be fired.
    "The one thing evil needs to succeed is for good people to do nothing." If a manager will not defend an employee against a customer who is physically assaulting her, that manager is not worthy of the title.
    Quoth mallsheep
    To put it succinctly: my company is realizing she's bad for business and they're trying to weed her out, and if I went above her head and told the GM about what happened to me, I'm sure appropriate actions would be taken. I haven't yet because it only just happened, and a part of me always thinks I'm overreacting about these things.
    Are they trying to weed out the manager or the customer? Sorry, the tenses got me a little confused. (It's early, I haven't had my caffeine yet!)

You, as a human being, have every right to be treated with the respect and decency that every human being deserves to be treated with. Nobody has the right to assault and bully you. You are not overreacting. That customer is a bully and a bitch, and you should not have to put up with her crap for one more second. If she's that nasty towards everybody, perhaps a little cooling off in jail might do her a bit of good.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

You're not overreacting. In fact, I will say if that had been me, I would have decked the cow. And promptly lost my job. So you're fine.

Comment

Ban the customer. And if she puts her hands on you on assaults you again, call the cops. You have rights, no matter what the customer and the manager say.

Comment

i would had probably ask someone else take care of her and avoid her completely or else my bad side would yell back @ her and tell her to leave.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
            Ban the customer. And if she puts her hands on you on assaults you again, call the cops. You have rights, no matter what the customer and the manager say.
            Agreed. Have this arrested for assault if this sort of thing happens again. If the management gives you any crap about it, have (or at least threaten to have) them arrested for obstruction of justice.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
              I can't believe someone had sex with her.
              Makes me wish this forum had a +1 or like button.

Comment

Nobody is allowed to assault you no matter what your company thinks. They should get into serious trouble for that. I'm sorry you had to deal with that bitch. Next time she is there can you just tell your manager it's their problem because that's what managers are for right? I don't get paid enough to get abused by jerks so I pull a manager.

I hate the "customer is always right" thing. No, they are NOT and acting like that is NOT okay! You were awesome. Not overreacting that woman should be in a hospital. She had no right to treat you that way.

Do you have a human resources department? She elbowed you and slammed her stroller into you. NOt okay. would your managers react if you said you'd like to place a police report? Or an incident report? What would happen if she snaps one day and breaks your nose?

Comment

Also...makes you wonder if she can be like that to an adult out in public... what would she be like at home- if little boy were to get in her way or not move quickly enough for her liking? ...
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

There's another facet to this - this precise type of customer CANNOT be placated by "just keep the peace" tactics. All they do is permit their abuse to continue, while simultaneously validating their behaviour in their own tiny mind.

That is precisely why any civilised society has a system of punishment for crimes, even if (in extreme cases) it is merely "natural law" enforced by citizens themselves.

Comment

Report it to the GM. The manager deserves to be fired.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        Agreed. Have this arrested for assault if this sort of thing happens again. If the management gives you any crap about it, have (or at least threaten to have) them arrested for obstruction of justice.
                        There's also the "hostile working environment".

If the company really is as good to work for as they claim to be, they would've stopped this hag long ago.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth siskaren View Post
                          I can't believe someone had sex with her.
                          There's always someone as horny as you are bitchy.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

*jaw hits the floor*

I'm a-friking-mazed that you actually got through that transaction 1.) completely and 2.) with your head still on your shoulders. (Excellent writing, btw.)

I wonder if they had a site like CS back, say, 50 years ago --- would the clerks have the same types of stories???
                            Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                              Turkey Baster.

On topic, OP, you might want to check your local labour laws; I am fairly certain that, even if store policy says 'take abuse like you earned every second of it', actual laws such as 'getting hit by someone can be considered assault' trumps that.
                              Did I miss something? I don't see where the OP was physically assaulted.
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
                                Did I miss something? I don't see where the OP was physically assaulted.
                                From the original post:
                                She completely ignored me and actually SHOVED me to the side with her elbow, then hit into me with her stroller so hard that I had to grab the till counter to keep from falling over-

(Sorry don't know how to include 2 quotes in one post)
                                Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Working...
                                X