Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Considering the threats he makes, though, I would be worried, Seraph, that he might find out where you live once you throw the serious charges at him. A no contact order for the duration of the court proceedings might be a good idea -- and give you more ammo if he does pull that Jekyl and Hyde crap again.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Is Judge Judy legally binding though? Or could he still weasel out of it?

Comment

It's binding arbitration. Once the ruling is made, it's final (hah! I quoted the opening). That means that if he agrees to appear on the show, they can set up to dock his pay for whatever damages need to be collected.

Of course, that's assuming he has a job....

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          It's binding arbitration. Once the ruling is made, it's final (hah! I quoted the opening). That means that if he agrees to appear on the show, they can set up to dock his pay for whatever damages need to be collected.

Of course, that's assuming he has a job....
          I think I've read that the damages, if won, are paid out from a fund supplied by the show. I do not think the loser actually pays whatever the fine is.
          I no longer fear HELL.
          I work in RETAIL.

Comment

That's what I heard. Something like, you each get $5000 or something to be on the show and if you lose your case it comes out of that. It's a good way for people to be sure they get paid.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

That is my understanding as well.
              I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Hmm, that is what it says on Wiki. It'd be a shame that JF didn't have to fork over the cash personally, but all in all it would still be a nice paid vacation for Seraph, who'd finally get paid for the work, and make an a$$ out of JF on national tv.

Comment

Not to mention we all get to scream at the TV

or is that just me?
                  https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    So I just got off the phone.

The CC company refuses to take it as evidence. In fact, they told me to stop sending any further documentation/evidence to them through Paypal, as they were no longer accepting anything else.

I'm ticked.
                    Also consider filing complaints with whatever state and/or federal agencies regulate credit card companies. Use the word "petition" in your complaint. For example, "I petition you to investigate the following.." In addition to sending this to the agencies, also send it to your congressmen and representatives.

I used to work for a federal agency and had to respond to these petitions. They are a good way to get things done.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The credit card company is a co-conspirator in committing the fraud. Not sure if that would be the correct legal term but they are certainly helping him to commit his fraud.
                      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Seraph you need out of the house more I think. You should go shopping with Lupo.
                        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I've been thinking about this thread for days. Here's what I think.

Name the credit card company. Write a more formal blog post and give us a link to it so we can spread the link around our other forums and Facebook pages. Make sure the blog contains a few quotes directly from the CC company along with an image or two that proves that you're not full of shit. Let social networking do its magic. Maybe, if you're lucky, in a few weeks we can all read the headline on our favorite news site about how the big bad credit card companies are taking advantage of small business owners.

I'd certainly share that link with everybody I know.
                          At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Barracuda View Post
                            IANAL, but this may be of use to you.

18 USC ยง 1343 - Fraud by wire, radio, or television
                            FBI won't bother with any cases that have less than $50k in damages.
                            Last edited by MadMike; 09-25-2013, 10:59 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post. We've already read it, thank you.
                            sooo many people are apparently aliterate morons. -- ThanosIsKing

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
                              Seraph you need out of the house more I think. You should go shopping with Lupo.
                              ARE YOU INSANE!?

Lupo's Weirdness Magnet and Seraph's nature as the Enemy of Normalcy would result in a Singularity of Craziness that would wipe out at least half the continent!
                              PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                                ARE YOU INSANE!?

Lupo's Weirdness Magnet and Seraph's nature as the Enemy of Normalcy would result in a Singularity of Craziness that would wipe out at least half the continent!
                                Which woud result in at least one entertaining forum post.

Comment

Working...
                                X