This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day, First SC

First day of work was interesting. Plenty of first day orientation things. The last hour we were paired up with a rep on floor to listen in on calls. The second call we got was a SC

A woman called in wanting to set up cable service. The rep got the info and started the order. Once the rep pressed enter a red screen came up stating that she had a very large unpaid balance. When the rep told her that we could not set up service for her she got very irate.

Why, just why was I excited to go back to work in a call center

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
    Why, just why was I excited to go back to work in a call center
    A Paycheck! Everyone likes to eat and have a roof over their head, right?

The SCs are on the phone, not in front of you. So they aren't going to jump across the counter at you.

Larger pool of idiots to deal with. You don't have near as many of those 'SC regulars' that you get in retail.
    Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
      The SCs are on the phone, not in front of you. So they aren't going to jump across the counter at you.
      Yeah, you can make faces and give the phone The Finger and as long as you keep your voice sweet and even-keeled, they won't know.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
        Once the rep pressed enter a red screen came up stating that she had a very large unpaid balance. When the rep told her that we could not set up service for her she got very irate.
        [EXTREME SARCASM:]What....I have to pay for a service?!!?[/END SARCASm]
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

the occasional person that appreciates your help makes it worthwhile. And remember the call center employee's motto "These worthless, inconsiderate, useless dirtbags are NOT worth going to jail over."

Comment

Very good philosophy, LOL, along with "I'll look really lousy in prison orange ..."

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Yeah, you can make faces and give the phone The Finger and as long as you keep your voice sweet and even-keeled, they won't know.
            In fact, making rude gestures at the phone might be enough to bring a big smile to your face, and we're told that smiling makes your voice sound pleasanter.

Comment

Working...
            X