This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxes and a big a$$ truck

Had a guy, well actually 2 guys, smelling dizzily like alcohol complain about the taxes. Hospitality taxes are high here, and still climbing. About $35 per night goes to all the taxes we have. Yeah pretty much the reason why I myself don't want to stay in any hotel here. Well these guys took one look at the taxes and state since they were government workers they shouldn't have to pay them.
    I explained that it's not them that is exempt, it's their card that they're using. About one out of every 5 governement workers complains about this, more so now since the shutdown I suppose. I checked the guys' cards, and yep, they were not exempt. These guys had to pay up.
    The guys turned all sulky and pouty, (really, you all should seen the size of their pouts, it was huge) and wanted to see a manager. I go and tell the manager that they don't believe me and want their taxes taken off. Which is true, obviously. The manager says, "It's 'cause they're a$$holes" and reluctantly comes out to talk to them.
    The manager tells them exactly what I said, that the card has to exempt and after checking them, says what I said, that the cards are not. The guys sulk some more and mumble, "Well, I don't know what I'll tell my boss; he's expecting taxes not to be so high!" Getting a cab we can help you with. Getting some towels, we can help you with. Getting your keycard to work we can help you with. Telling your boss the TRUTH, that's something we can't help you with. Goodbye!
    I thought the manager would cave in to their demands and take their taxes off at one point because the 2 guys were really being annoyingly persistent (their argument were become more and more pathetic), but he stood his ground. The guys even said "Well all the other hotels take them off!" and the manager retorted, "Well maybe you stayed in other states but in this state, this is how it goes!" and the guys were like, "Duh....I never thought of that! But still-!" I guess after Lying Lady Scammer Girl his spine strengthened. Good job, OMS!

This woman was more weird than sucky, at least for me. As we all know, or should know, parking garages where the space is limited (read: all the buildings touch) are very tight and really made for compact cars. Our website says this in tiny little letters, so most people skip it. Thankfully, RVs and truckers stay away from us; I've never had a case with them here.
    Well this woman came in looking like she's been through hell and back, like she's was dragged through the bushes backward, I think I even saw some leaves in her hair. She said that she had "just" made a reservation at our hotel, but when I checked there was nothing. She then admitted that she was in the midst of making a reservation in her phone died. I said again, "Sorry, there is no reservation under your name," and said asked what the rate was. The rate was about $35 more than what she claimed she had gotten over the phone and she looked so terrible, really, so awful that I felt pity. Not pity enough for her to lower the rate to what she supposedly received.
    Finally, she said, "Do your best!" and tossed her card and ID at me. Then she stated that she had a truck and it was pretty big. Oh noes!
    I told her about our limited space in the garage, and she just stared at me blankly, so I took that as acknowledgement. After checking her in, I gave her helpful directions to the garage (I made a silent bet that she wouldn't make it like the other terrible looking people late night) and watched the security camera. Miraculously, she did make it and stuffed the biggest truck I ever seen into our tiny garage, probably blocking half the cars there. I didn't get any complaints from her or anyone else, so all was well. I did tell the next shift about her big a$$ truck so I'm sure the they got some complaints.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

With the first story, I noticed they never offered any benefit or incentive to break the law. Because gee, removing taxes from their bill would be tax fraud, yes? It doesn't even have to be high hospitality taxes either. I used to work retail and was shocked at the number of people who'd get worked up over less than a dollar worth of tax. No I will not spot you a quarter out of my drawer (which is stealing!!) so you don't have to pay tax.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Dear Ellsworth AFB Airman,
      Yes, the Federal Gov't is sales tax exempt that does not mean you are also use and excise tax exempt. Pay up.

Thanks bunches.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
        This woman was more weird than sucky, at least for me. As we all know, or should know, parking garages where the space is limited (read: all the buildings touch) are very tight and really made for compact cars. Our website says this in tiny little letters, so most people skip it. Thankfully, RVs and truckers stay away from us;

Miraculously, she did make it and stuffed the biggest truck I ever seen into our tiny garage, probably blocking half the cars there. I didn't get any complaints from her or anyone else, so all was well. I did tell the next shift about her big a$$ truck so I'm sure the they got some complaints.
        What the heck was she driving? Sounds like it was bigger than a standard 5 axle combination with a 53 foot trailer.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I recall several years back towing away a "Duallie" Dodge Pickup from a house across the street from the Days Inn here in town.

Owner was quite cross with us, see, he had a parking permit for the Days Inn, so we shouldn't have towed him. Informing him that it wasn't valid at someone else's property on OTHER SIDE OF THE STREET didn't seem to register with him.

See, he HAD to park there, he couldn't fit the truck into the hotel's lot, see?

We didn't see it his way, obviously.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I demand to hear the story of Lying Lady Scammer Girl.
            "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
              I recall several years back towing away a "Duallie" Dodge Pickup from a house across the street from the Days Inn here in town.

See, he HAD to park there, he couldn't fit the truck into the hotel's lot, see?
              Some hotels (but more likely motels) advertise "truck parking". Anyone with an IQ higher than their shoe size (oops - I can see why that guy didn't do it) who drives a large vehicle would go to one of those places, rather than one where the lot can only hold small cars.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

"Well, I don't know what I'll tell my boss; he's expecting taxes not to be so high!"
                "Tell him what I just told you. You DON'T QUALIFY. And get a card that does."

...like she's was dragged through the bushes backward, I think I even saw some leaves in her hair.
                I chortled.

Quoth Sandiercy View Post
                I demand to hear the story of Lying Lady Scammer Girl.
                Search/Advanced Search/Keyword(s) [Lying]/Username [Hotel Minion]/[Threads Started by User]/[Defaults]/Search Now:

Lying lady irks me! & weird Man weirds me out!

Comment

Working...
                X