This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My head hurts...

...it really does. The stupidity lately has just....ugh, read. Just, read.

Small encounters
    Aka the normal shit

-Several times, once again, had to explain to both out of staters and people who've lived here their whole lives (and should know better!) that we do not sell beer after 1 am. No, not possible. Yes it is company policy, but it is also STATE LAW, so no I am not going to break said law just because you can "slip ya a Abraham Lincoln" (sorry, five dollars is not enough for a good bribe). Whining, yelling, cussing, calling us bitches will not help either.

-I do not set the prices for anything! Do I look like a big corporate worker standing behind this counter, covered in pizza sauce and pop residue, with my hat that clearly states "Cafe" on it? NO? Then don't bitch to me that your cigarettes/pizza/chips/pop cost more than they did last month. They have taxes on them, you should expect this, because taxes go up every month here! Please, if you want to bitch to someone, bitch to your congressman when he returns to his job.

-No, the Krispy Kreme delivery man has not come yet. I don't know when he's coming, it varies from night to night and from person to person (we have one main delivery guy, M, who comes in around the same time every night, but delays, bigger deliveries, etc could change it up. He is also a really awesome guy and sooo hot! But that is neither here nor there. When he has days off, it's a variety of other drivers, so again, it varies widely). No I can't call him and tell him to "hurry the fuck up" because I don't have his number (as much as I would LOVE to have it...) nor would he hurry up in the first place (knowing him, he'd tell me ok and take an extra hour just to fuck with us, because he's funny and....*ahem, anyway) because he has god knows how many other stores he delivers to before us (we are second last on his route, the last one being the Wally World down the street, then he drives two hours back to Dayton ) So, no, I have no control over when he arrives so please stop bitching. If you want GOOD fresh donuts, go to Pat's, their open 24/7 and constantly making fresh donuts (that are FANTASTIC!) and are slightly cheaper (buying in bulk wise). Calling me whore makes your situation even worse, douche.

-IDs....do I really have to keep repeating this?!

-This is a gas station, not a bar. If you want to have drunken brawls, love triangles that fall apart, etc, please take it there. I don't know how many times we've had to call the cops (or signal one driving by) to break this shit up. My favorite so far was a couple (drunk of course) who got into an argument over what kind of candy bars they wanted and ended up in the parking lot, screaming at each other before the girl drove off and left the guy standing there, cussing at the ground. He eventually got a ride and left, but I couldn't help but laugh at the situation. Quotes from said argument: "Butterfingers, or snickers?" "This is why we can't get married! If you can't choose a candy bar, how are we going to choose what school our kids will go to?!" "Da fuq you talking about woman?!" "I can't handle this any more! *runs out of store*

That's not enough cheese!
    Then you should have ordered EXTRA. I make all the pizzas the same way every time. We have measuring cups and are trained to properly make a pizza. the proportions I have is all I can do. I'll maybe go a little over for a few regulars (or do special requests that we aren't technically allowed to do, but it's not written anywhere so whatever), but when you're a douche right off the back and expect a gas station pizza to be four star quality...you're gonna have a bad time. I made the pizza the same as I always do, he comes back in five minutes and states that there isn't enough cheese. I explain that that is the amount I'm allowed to do and if he wanted more cheese, he'd have to pay 50 cents extra and walked away to finish the other orders I had piled up. My manager then comes back with the pizza, says "there isn't enough cheese on here, it should go out to here" and pretty much tells me how to do my job (that she hasn't ever been trained on) and orders me to make another. I try to explain the rule that my (ie the cafe) manager and our GM told me and she just tosses the pizza onto my counter and sasys "Just make another one!" and storms off. Way to have dignity and a back bone there L....

Are you...sucking your thumb?
    Swear to god, an actual fucking adult came in with his gf (sis, mother, i don't know honestly) and was standing there waiting for their order and SUCKING HIS THUMB! Full on, whole hand motion sound, thumb firmly in his mouth. After they left, I seriously stood at the counter while my brain tried to comprehend what I saw. My co-worker A was like "Are you ok?" Yeah, no I'm fine, just very, very confused....

Musical co-workers
    In the last 2 months, we have had at least 5 people quit (2 in the cafe, 3 on store side) and dear lord is it hell when it comes to scheduling. Not to mention the lovely fact that me and S are the ONLY third shifters. Literally. Not to mention I am the only person who apparently is willing (not fully willing half the time, but begrudgingly willing) to take other people's shifts when they call off, which has been happening way more frequently than it should. Just in the last 3 weeks, I have worked OVER 40 hours, while going to school full time, and am exhausted. I finally got nearly 5 days off this week and of course a lot people are pissed. Thankfully, manager C doesn't give a fuck what they say because I'm reliable and have been showing up to ALL of my shifts on time, as well as taking everyone else's shifts on top of that, so she believes I deserve this time off (plus I start back up with covering shifts next week since S has a lot of family problems to deal with, which is fine with me, I'll take her shifts without question because she is actually awesome). The other two (yes, just two!) bitch and moan all the time about not having hours, how trashed the kitchen is when they come in for their shift (which is false because I leave that bitch spotless when I'm done) when in turn, they leave it even more trashed and have nothing done on our ECE sheets, which leaves me or S with a shit ton of work to do on top of the work we have do already. The new girl CH is hit and miss, usually pretty good with getting stuff done, but has her horrible moments. New shift lead obviously has no clue what he is doing and is actually younger than me (which I truly don't like, but I must deal with it) and seems to have very bad luck with trampolines (busted his ankle the other week, which left me with his shifts).
    GM has actually been extremely happy with me, which kind of scares me, but I take in strides. She'll actually ask me for help with things, talk to me like a real person (gasp!) and compliment me on stuff. But, apparently all of that good hard work isn't good enough to get that damn six month raise I'm supposed to have gotten, but ok...

Racist bastard
    Ok, so Krispy Kreme guy, M, happens to be Asian (Korean I think, but I'm not sure), though he's been here for a while and was even in the Air Force in Afghanistan for a few tours. Again, awesome guy, loves to joke around with us and us him. Doesn't really interact with the customers, since they are our customers, not his. Well, one night he was doing his thing, delivering donuts and what not, and I was doing my hardest to not flirt with him too hardcore, but I have a weakness for hot foreign guys (evidenced by my choice in boyfriends lately so that was failing. A customer comes in and orders some food, so I disappear behind the counter, make it, and put it in the oven and wait for it too cook. The guy is standing maybe a few feet from M, pretty much in his way, with the most pissed off look I've ever seen. M finishes his delivery, says his goofy good byes to us and heads outside to pack up his stuff back into his truck. This guy just lets out so much air from his mouth, I thought he got punched in the gut and goes on to semi-shout "Fucking chinks! Trying to take our women and donuts!" (he seriously said this, I'm not joking). "What an ugly fucking chink! What the hell is wrong with his face?" Now, like I said, he went to Afghanistan. There is a little something off with his face, such that it looks like he had small pox or something of that sort that scarred him (which, to me, makes him look hotter), which I think was actually from shrapnel (which makes him even hotter!), but again I've never asked (just in case it was and it was a bad memory for him, that and the fact you just don't go up to someone and ask "what's up with your face?"). Of course, he is sort of a friend, so I got a little (ok, a lot) defensive and pretty much told him to leave. Long story short, a lot more cuss words, a lot of well known hand gestures, etc. He gets his food and leaves, glaring at M's truck as he goes. His last words were "Watch out for them woman! They'll over populate you and take you money!" (don't know what that was supposed to mean, but ok...) Now M was outside the whole time, so I'm not sure if he heard any of it because I went out to smoke a cig with him before he left and he didn't say anything about it (neither did I though), but if he did, at least he knows someone's got his back. He's getting a new route here soon, so we'll be breaking in another guy and M will surely be missed at our store. No more eye candy for Tithera *sigh*
    Last edited by Tithera; 10-11-2013, 10:14 PM. Reason: link for picture doesn't want to work...
    Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Quoth Tithera View Post
    ...no I am not going to break said law just because you can "slip ya a Abraham Lincoln" (sorry, five dollars is not enough for a good bribe).
    Five dollars for a bribe?! Yeah, that's really going to offset the jail time, thousands of dollars in legal fees and loss of a job that'll result in you breaking said law. Pathetic!
    Quoth Tithera View Post
    Whining, yelling, cussing, calling us bitches will not help either.
    Yep, I always want to help people after they call me nasty names.

...help them out the door, that is. With steel-toed boots.

Dang, no wonder you've got a brutal headache. Pity we can't give the SCs the headaches they give us.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Are you...sucking your thumb?
      Swear to god, an actual fucking adult came in with his gf (sis, mother, i don't know honestly) and was standing there waiting for their order and SUCKING HIS THUMB! Full on, whole hand motion sound, thumb firmly in his mouth. After they left, I seriously stood at the counter while my brain tried to comprehend what I saw. My co-worker A was like "Are you ok?" Yeah, no I'm fine, just very, very confused....
      And that would be a good enough reason for me NOT to be involved with someone like that, much less be seen out in pub-lick with them. Maybe I'm just holding myself to a higher standard but really, can you not reserve your thumbsucking for nighttime when you go to sleep and you are alone???

Even though I was a bit late giving up that habit, I learned not to do it in public after the age of 5. If he's so insistent on it, he needs to learn to do that when he's alone in his bedroom.

Another good way to break yourself of that habit (or at least it worked for me): Acryclic nails. Those don't taste too good, I can assure you.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
      X