This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    I promise we won't point and laugh at you.
    And even if we do we're not your new spouse on your wedding night.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
      5. Is it really that difficult to hand an item you no longer want to the cashier? I promise we won't point and laugh at you. Please hand me your unwanted items rather than ditching them at random areas of the store, or hiding them in the dollar bins in the register line. Then I won't have to explain to the next SC that she can't have that packet of Swarovski crystals for $1.00 just because she found it in the dollar bin!
      HATE this. Why stuff that package of bacon in the magazine rack when there's a store employee RIGHT THERE who can make sure that makes it back to the refrigerated case before it spoils? And even if it's not an item that requires refrigeration, it's still inconsiderate. Last week I had a nice old lady wondering why the loaf of bread she brought up wasn't ringing in for 50% off, and that's because some thoughtless other customer obviously ditched it (two loaves' worth!) in the "yesterday's baked goods" rack. I had to point out the lack of the yellow sticker that indicates an item is on sale before the lady finally got it (at least she was polite about the mistake and didn't chew me out). Every time I go to Best Buy, I find DVDs and Blu-Rays scattered all over the damn place, and it's like, the DVD section has shrunken down to virtually nothing over the last year or so...is it THAT difficult to put your copy of The Exorcist back in the horror section, instead of dropping it off in the family section? And even worse when people drop random movies in the $7.99 sale bin.

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
        Shit guns?? The frell?
        "Scan-it". Commonly shortened in my store to "s-it" (rhymes with "Eff-it" which is the reaction they can elicit when things go wrong).

Our store cards have what looks like a magnetic strip on them, which could be why some people think the card will automatically be charged when they scan the checkout barcode (I've also had people swipe their store card through the pinpad like a payment card). One thing I wish we could do is dump scanned-but-unpaid orders to a customer's store card, and they cannot buy anything else until the pending order is paid.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
          HATE this. Why stuff that package of bacon in the magazine rack when there's a store employee RIGHT THERE who can make sure that makes it back to the refrigerated case before it spoils?
          Oh, every day, I am grateful my workplace doesn't carry refrigerated/frozen perishables (the only cold items are the Cokes in the small fridge near the front, and those don't go bad unless they've been opened). The wastage at a grocery store must be astronomical. You totally have my sympathies.

But we use up so many hours playing hide-and-seek with the merchandise, finding it half the store away from where it's supposed to be, putting it back...then repeating the process over and over, every day. I know it's too much to ask the customers to put things back where they got them , but surely it's not too much to ask them to give us the unwanted items so they're all in one place and easier to put away?!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

XCashier, your entire list is my list. I guess they leave your store and come to mine.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This one happened more at my last job but it happened every Damn day and drove me nuts!!

Why must some people ask "are you sure"? After everything I say? Everything from prices to telling them where the bathroom is met with "are you sure"? Grrrr....asking this once is fine and all but after everything i say? If your so convinced I'm stupid why in hell are you asking me 50 questions?

Comment

My most intense hatred as a cashier is in the mornings, when the 'exercise' crowd inundates the store after their five mile run. At least once a week, I'll get some guy who will literally pull his sweat-soaked money out of his shorts. And they often have the nerve to look offended because I won't handle their crotch cash without using a tissue.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  XCashier, your entire list is my list. I guess they leave your store and come to mine.
                  The sad thing is, this isn't the first such list I've made. I guess I really should look for another line of work...
                  Quoth freespirit114 View Post
                  Why must some people ask "are you sure"? After everything I say? Everything from prices to telling them where the bathroom is met with "are you sure"?
                  "Oh, gosh, what do I know, I've only worked here for X years!!!" Yeah, I don't like the "are you sure" crowd either. It's thinly-veiled condescencion, and they know just where they can cram it.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                    "Scan-it". Commonly shortened in my store to "s-it" (rhymes with "Eff-it" which is the reaction they can elicit when things go wrong).
                    Aah, that makes more sense lol. Although my version would be more useful when it comes to SC's.
                    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth freespirit114 View Post
                      Why must some people ask "are you sure"? After everything I say? Everything from prices to telling them where the bathroom is met with "are you sure"?
                      "Are you questioning my integrity, or my competence?"
                      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Here are a few of my pet peeves as a petrol station cashier.

1. Your pump is not going to be authorised instantaniously. Look around you; are you the only customer on the forecourt? No, you are not. So be patient.

2. Do not do the following things if your pump isn't immediately authorised:

* Jump up and down waving your arms like a deranged windmill.

* Run up to the kiosk, bellow "Turn my pump on!" thru the door.

* Bang on the window.

Your pump can't be authorised anyway unless you have the nozzle in the car, and your hand is on the nozzle. If you are waving it around, your pump will not be authorised, neither will it be if you are bellowing at me or knocking on the window.

3. Yes, petrol is expensive. No, I don't care. It's not down to me to fix the price. Go complain to the government, cuz the reason why the price is high is cuz of all the tax on it.

4. Do not precede your whinging with, "I know it's not your fault, but..." If you know it's not my fault, and that I can't change anything, then just what do you expect to accomplish by whining at me? The same thing goes for SCs who come up with this gem: "Tell your manager that..." I can't tell the manager anything, that is up to you as a customer.

5. Regarding mobile phones, I don't give a monkey's toss what you saw on Science Abuse/Mythbusters/Top Gear. You are not allowed to use your phone on the forecourt and that's that.

6. Queues are a part of life and if you decide to come and buy your petrol at a peak time, then what do you expect? Either suck it up or come later on when it's going to be quieter.

7. No, we do not sell catfood/washing powder/squash/other item you want which isn't here. The supermarket sells those items, we are a petrol station. If you want those items, you are going to have to get off your fat lazy arse and walk over the road.

8. No, we don't have a public loo. See above.

9. If we have to close early cuz of staffing issues or technical difficulties, please don't whine about it. Believe me, I don't want to close early, either. I don't like having to go over the road and stack shelves for an hour, cuz I don't have a cashier number over the road. However, since there are problems which force the issue of early closure, then we both have to suck it up.

10. Christmas Eve = early closing. For fuck's sake, don't you have anything better to do than bother me? Just fuck off and go the fuck home, as I am going to. And a Merry fucking Christmas to you too.
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

As a self-scam attendant:

--Yes, the 3-day sale prices WILL come off. The register knows it's a sale item, the additional discount will print on your receipt. It doesn't show on the screen because these registers are old. It will come off. Trust me, I've had to explain this 3486921 times today alone. Getting up close and personal won't help you (this is why I wish we had a security guard; I can yell at you but they can toss your ass out).

If you decide I'm lying and storm over to the desk, don't get offended when she decides to give a remedial kindergarten math lesson If you saw the Total Price line, then you saw the additional discount line(s). $2 minus $1.01 is in fact 99 cents.

--Don't press "Need Help" when you can't find the signature pad. If you used any coupons this trip, the signature pad is right next to where you put the coupons. It even says "SIGNATURE PAD" above it.

--If you need help, then press the "Need Help" button or ask "Excuse me, can you help me?" like a normal human. If you stand and stare at me, click your fingers, or start yelling I will ignore you for as long as I can.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Please, for the love of all that is holy, why do people need to have this explained to them?

I had to spend all of 5 minutes explaining to a custy why her food stamp card will not cover buying scented wax for her candle warmer. Because, yanno, it's not FOOD, you daft numpty!

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              As a self-scam attendant:
                              So are you scamming or are the customers scamming?

Quoth XRogue View Post
                              I had to spend all of 5 minutes explaining to a custy why her food stamp card will not cover buying scented wax for her candle warmer. Because, yanno, it's not FOOD, you daft numpty!
                              A pack of melts can be bought at most $2 shops for about $1. If she doesn't have the money to maintain that, how the hell does she have a roof over her head?
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth XRogue View Post
                                Please, for the love of all that is holy, why do people need to have this explained to them?

My brother in law started to pitch a fit in a grocery store one time because the bone (shrink wrapped, flavored basted, non-refrigerated, sold in the pet aisle) he was getting for his dog was not EBT eligible, when he had bought bones (marrow bones from the meat section) before for Lobo and they did qualify.

Comment

Working...
                                X