This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fireheart View Post
    So are you scamming or are the customers scamming?
    The machine is doing the scamming (according to some SCs who are themselves trying to scam). I guess that means by association, I'm trying to scam them
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
      ... and then hand it back to me covered in slime and say, "We're not buying this."
      "Yes. Yes, you are"...is what I'd love to say if I were in charge of such things.

Quoth Grendus View Post
      When I give a pair of fetid dingo kidneys about you,
      FTFY ^_^ *slides Grendus a non-alcoholic Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster* (in other words, a lemon-encrusted gold brick)

- Question: You wanted to get milk. A specific brand of milk. The shelf was out...
      Some people just want to bitch at people. If you're happy, they're not happy.
      Quoth freespirit114 View Post
      ...telling them where the bathroom is met with "are you sure"?
      I certainly hope so. If not, where I have I been "going" for the past few months...?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        So are you scamming or are the customers scamming?

A pack of melts can be bought at most $2 shops for about $1. If she doesn't have the money to maintain that, how the hell does she have a roof over her head?
        She is a resident at the local retired/disabled home, far as I know. And to be fair she didn't pitch a fit, and paid up once I'd got thru to her that the remaining total was the candle wax, which the EBT didn't cover. She just didn't understand at first that there WAS a remaining total, then I had to show her WHAT it was, then explain 4-5 times it's not food, therefore isn't covered. Not senility or mental defect either, she's my age plus 5 years at most, so not 50 yet. Just crippled physically in some way that means she can't work.

Comment

Quoth XRogue View Post
          I had to spend all of 5 minutes explaining to a custy why her food stamp card will not cover buying scented wax for her candle warmer. Because, yanno, it's not FOOD, you daft numpty!
          Two guys came through my line the other day, upset that Food Stamps didn't cover their fish bait (shrimp), saying it was "ridiculous." They balked at paying the $3, complaining the whole time.
          Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth OfficeSlug View Post
            Two guys came through my line the other day, upset that Food Stamps didn't cover their fish bait (shrimp), saying it was "ridiculous." They balked at paying the $3, complaining the whole time.
            I am not one bit surprised. Geesh, here's a shovel. go dig some worms!

Comment

I think I have another for this Epic Thread.

I CAN HEAR YOU!! Criticizing my speed, when the person in front of you is taking their sweet time is not going to make me ring you up faster.
              In fact, be shitty enough & I might just slow down. I'm sorry you're a miserable person with no life. I'm sorry you hate yourself so much that you have to talk shit about me to make yourself feel better. Have a nice day, Dickwad.
              Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth JustShootMe View Post
                I CAN HEAR YOU!! Criticizing my speed, when the person in front of you is taking their sweet time is not going to make me ring you up faster. In fact, be shitty enough & I might just slow down.
                And if you, the SC, think you know so much about how fast a cashier should be or how many employees should be on the floor at all times, why don't you fill out an application and come to work here? You'll quickly learn why things can't be the way you want them to be!
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth freespirit114 View Post
                  One more off the top of my head- do not insist we over ride the declined message on your credit or debit card. Can't be done. It's declined cause you don't have the money. There is no magic button deadbeat!
                  Another one: Don't insist I over ride the chip on your credit card. It's not my problem you don't know your pin, and over riding it could mean we lose our contract to accept that company's card.

Comment

Quoth BuryMe View Post
                    Don't insist I over ride the chip on your credit card.
                    Wowser. I had no idea such a thing could be done. Doesn't surprise me that some people who do know would try this though; I've been behind 'no signature, no ID' people in the grocery who thought they could bull their way through.

Comment

Put things on the belt and it will bring them to me I was trying to retrieve an SC's card from the end of the belt when they decided to sling a pineapple down--see those spines? You can put it on its side and it will stay put. Trust me. Oh, and that HURT; you're lucky I wear glasses or it would have poked me in the eye. No, I am not ringing you up now. Yes, that is a shift lead telling you to leave. (it wasn't bad enough to warrant a report, but Manager P didn't care if it was intentional or not--they did it and had to know what would happen, they get to leave).

DO NOT ask/demand that I override the WIC guidelines. I know you got Juicy Juice here before (I think due to the shutdown, guidelines were reissued to cover the cheapest/store brands only), but it's not covered now. Kraft Singles are definitely not covered and never were. Another store 'does it all the time'? Which store? Please, do tell.
                      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 11-13-2013, 12:22 PM.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

It's considered rude to back into the pregnant teenager (who is gathering carts instead of cashiering for the day) with your car, knocking her to the ground, and driving away.

Yes, this actually happened to me 26-ish years ago.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Leave my 16 year old bagger alone...YOU FUCKING PIG!
                          Here Mr Customer, let me pull that out of my arse for you!

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                            It's considered rude to back into the pregnant teenager (who is gathering carts instead of cashiering for the day) with your car, knocking her to the ground, and driving away.

Yes, this actually happened to me 26-ish years ago.
                            Not nearly as bad as being hit by a car, but I did have a man in a motorized cart drive straight into me when I was eight months pregnant with Connor. I just looked at him and he was all, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you. I asked him, how the hell did you NOT see a three hundred pound pregnant woman wearing a bright red shirt? OMG at least he didn't hit me hard.

I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. I doubt they'd send a pregnant woman out to gather carts at our place unless she was very early on.

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
                              I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. I doubt they'd send a pregnant woman out to gather carts at our place unless she was very early on.
                              I was 8 months along, or so. Oddly, my back used to ache like hell when I was cashiering, and I'd always beg to do carts - it felt better to move around. It got me some exercise, and I didn't have to interact with people. Which, as this thread illustrates, was beyond stressful.

They'd let me occasionally do the carts when they were really backed up, or if a cart-person/bagger called in. Keep in mind this was back in the day before everyone was so sue happy and employers didn't worry as much about getting hit with a lawsuit.
                              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Laughing at me when I accidently drop something heavy with a pained look on my face (because it's causing me pain), and then complaining I didn't laugh along with you, is callous. I am so glad I no longer have to lift anything over 10 lbs, and have a document that says I don't have to. Go ahead and complain to HR that I won't do it; she'll back me up. Or you can pay for my surgery.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X